ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investment in retail business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Legal83

investment in retail business

Post by Legal83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi

Can we invest money in an existing retail business after sucessfully getting visa. (Psw route) ?[/code]

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Yes, you can invest in any business after getting your Entrepreneur visa 50k route, however if the business is not at NQF Level 4 or above, you will not qualify for points for investment.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 pm

What about a retail company. If you invest in an already running retail company and become sales and marketing director in that , does this meet the requirement ?

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:22 am

You have asked me the same question. No matter what your job title is in the business, if the business is below level 4, you wont qualify for points.

You can invest money in n number of businesses

But to qualify for points you need to invest another 50K in a business that is above level 4.
Legal83 wrote:What about a retail company. If you invest in an already running retail company and become sales and marketing director in that , does this meet the requirement ?

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:34 am

I GOT visa and it doesnt apparently restricts running your shop or retail business.. Even I read extension requirements and that doesnt say anything about this. They want us to inbest 50k and result creating 2 jobs. NVQ requirement apparently is before getting visa ??

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: investment in retail business

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:07 am

Your visa condition remain same, if u got visa via paw route than ur business must be level 4 or above n so does ur job title.

Regards
Legal83 wrote:Hi

Can we invest money in an existing retail business after sucessfully getting visa. (Psw route) ?[/code]

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 am

So how can we invest money then ? I checked with in the secrtion 'Conditions of stay' after u get visa; it does not state anything about this.

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 am

rehan01 wrote:Your visa condition remain same, if u got visa via paw route than ur business must be level 4 or above n so does ur job title.

Regards

I dont think this is true. The rule of level 4 and above applies only to claim points under 50k category when applying for the Tier 1 entreprenuer. This is only to prove that your previous stay as a PSW holder was at a graduate level so that they can award points for your graduate level occupation. Once you get the visa, all tier 1 entrepreneur holders are the same. Therefore there is no such rule to do business only at level 4 and above.

Sug

Post by Sug » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 am

rsrameshsunil wrote:
rehan01 wrote:Your visa condition remain same, if u got visa via paw route than ur business must be level 4 or above n so does ur job title.

Regards

I dont think this is true. The rule of level 4 and above applies only to claim points under 50k category when applying for the Tier 1 entreprenuer. This is only to prove that your previous stay as a PSW holder was at a graduate level so that they can award points for your graduate level occupation. Once you get the visa, all tier 1 entrepreneur holders are the same. Therefore there is no such rule to do business only at level 4 and above.

Hi iam not very sure and I can't assure but when I was new to this visa things in nov2012 I went to few solicitors where I met one guy from westkin solicitors he said once you get visa you can do any business
He showed a proof of mail from PBS enquiry department
Plz don't find me fault as even me not sure if it is possible
Hi

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am

Yes I think there is no restriction once u get visa in terms of business - businesses. I checked policy guidance and it doesnt say that there is any restriction for extension applicants ..

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Guy may be I am wrong but my understanding is this if we got visa under 50 k on the basis of Psw than there is also a restriction of level of business. Nqf 4.

Typical example if someone apply for student visa and after getting student visa successfully now he is legal and he can also work full time instead of 10 hrs or 20 hrs per week work restrictions?

As far as I understand for all those who applied and successfully obtain visa the visa term remain same and level of business must be Nqf 4 or above.

Regards

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 pm

I think its confusing, no one is clear, as far as I think you can do any business but your job title / designation in a company has to be level 4 and above, graduate level,,, Not the business.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 pm

rehan01 wrote:Guy may be I am wrong but my understanding is this if we got visa under 50 k on the basis of Psw than there is also a restriction of level of business. Nqf 4.

Typical example if someone apply for student visa and after getting student visa successfully now he is legal and he can also work full time instead of 10 hrs or 20 hrs per week work restrictions?

As far as I understand for all those who applied and successfully obtain visa the visa term remain same and level of business must be Nqf 4 or above.

Regards
Agree with you rehan01
The reason why PSW holders show 50K and get visa is solely because they are considered as skilled workers and they are expected to start a skilled business. if you want to do a business which any Tom, Dick and Harry can do then why the hell they will ask for 50K as investment ?
Its like having a general ticket and travelling first class.
I have not done much research in this topic but my common sense says that PSW T1E holder can do any business but it must be above nfq level 4. if you don't then you might escape for 3 years but certainly wont while applying for extension or worst might get deported.

Sug

Post by Sug » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 pm

KickAss wrote:
rehan01 wrote:Guy may be I am wrong but my understanding is this if we got visa under 50 k on the basis of Psw than there is also a restriction of level of business. Nqf 4.

Regards
Agree with you rehan01
The reason why PSW holders show 50K and get visa is solely because they are considered as skilled workers and they are expected to start a skilled business. if you want to do a business which any Tom, Dick and Harry can do then why the hell they will ask for 50K as investment ?
Its like having a general ticket and travelling first class.
I have not done much research in this topic but my common sense says that PSW T1E holder can do any business but it must be above nfq level 4. if you don't then you might escape for 3 years but certainly wont while applying for extension or worst might get deported.

Yes it doesn't make sense but I think may be they forgot to mention in extension guidelines .... Any ways lets first get this visa and think over it these ppl are taking ages to give initial visa god knows what will happen in future
Hi

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Chill mate !
Every thing will be all right.
Sooner or later you will get it ..... Enjoy Champions trophy
India won today :)
Sir Sri Sri Lord R Jadeja did the job.
I am going to Birmingham to watch India Vs Pakistan :) Will be holding a banner in support of Sir !
If you spot me on TV that you will see KickAss ! :D :D :D
Shit I got carried away again !
Super Excited :)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Lol good luck but do u knw who will win though ?

Regards

KickAss wrote:Chill mate !
Every thing will be all right.
Sooner or later you will get it ..... Enjoy Champions trophy
India won today :)
Sir Sri Sri Lord R Jadeja did the job.
I am going to Birmingham to watch India Vs Pakistan :) Will be holding a banner in support of Sir !
If you spot me on TV that you will see KickAss ! :D :D :D
Shit I got carried away again !
Super Excited :)

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 am

Tough Call :D :D

Dont wann piss my Pakistani mates at this forum ! :D LoL

Pakistan and Indian squad have gone through a big change.
Many big names are missing on both sides but both the teams are endowed with talent.
Pakistan has a very strong bowling line up and India has a promising batting line up.
Indians have a slight advantage with 3-4 very good fielders like
Kohli, Raina, Jadeja and Kartik which can save 30-40 odd runs in 50 over match.

Overall, the atmosphere will be Majestic !!
Going with my Pakistani mate , so my mule is safe ! :D

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 am

Lol nyc one ...... Hve a gud one and u r ryt India is definately better team than Pakistan but still I expect a good game.

So good luck
Regards
KickAss wrote:Tough Call :D :D

Dont wann piss my Pakistani mates at this forum ! :D LoL

Pakistan and Indian squad have gone through a big change.
Many big names are missing on both sides but both the teams are endowed with talent.
Pakistan has a very strong bowling line up and India has a promising batting line up.
Indians have a slight advantage with 3-4 very good fielders like
Kohli, Raina, Jadeja and Kartik which can save 30-40 odd runs in 50 over match.

Overall, the atmosphere will be Majestic !!
Going with my Pakistani mate , so my mule is safe ! :D

sweetlove
Newly Registered

The answer ...

Post by sweetlove » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm

It has to be a business which is in level 4 or above.
The link of ukba gives a the clear answer for extension cases,
The business should acc. To the codes ( level 4 or above)
Please see the link below n help your selves..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: The answer ...

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 pm

yes you are right, I agree
sweetlove wrote:It has to be a business which is in level 4 or above.
The link of ukba gives a the clear answer for extension cases,
The business should acc. To the codes ( level 4 or above)
Please see the link below n help your selves..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 pm

psw-T1E with 50k access must do level 4 or above business so do the job.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I think, its better to stick with level 4 business to avoid any future problem, bcz its confusing according to the policy guidance...

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

hi, I have been to sunrise solicitors and paid £70 for one hour advice. they said for initial visa application I have to show nqf level 4 profession. but for extension any level. it could be level 3. just I have to prove I have invested £50k and created 2 full time job.
so it is still confusing.

googleit

Post by googleit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Level 4 is only for initial applicants. Getting an entrepreneur visa means u r a business person / an entrepreneur it does not restrict u to do any business. The only restriction they have mentioned in their guidance is property business and in form of secured director loan