ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR in Croydon PEO - 05 June 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ready01
Newly Registered

Got ILR in Croydon PEO - 05 June 2013

Post by ready01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

• Left home 5:50am from Slough,
• Reached NCP car park at 7:05am (parking fee must be paid only when leaving, 8£/24 hrs, notes can be paid only the machine inside the shopping centre when just opening the door to shopping centre)
• There is a door in the ground floor of the car park to the shopping centre (having toilets for the kids, not bad)
• Crossed the road to home office and went in at 8:00am
• Security checks done
• Went to ground floor document checking counter, they checked all and gave a token, I didn't book for my daughter born in UK, But I carried my application one page filled another page unfilled with her and requested them to add her also; they allowed
• They asked to go to 3rd floor cafeteria; wait for the notice board to prompt my number
• As it prompted I went to the correct counter for payment, they checked the application and took the payment page; asked me to enter the pin to finish the mentioned amount in the payment page, then asked us to wait until the notice board prompt our number for the next activity
• Next, went to the next activity for the mentioned counter in the notice board (same floor) for the registration of the application, they checked all the members in the application and registered my application for the day; asked me to wait in the sitting area until notice board prompts my number for bio matrix;
• Went to bio matrix as soon my number prompted, completed the bio matrix; after bio matrix ,strangely the lady did the bio matrix took my application and all passports and said be in the sitting area until notice board prompt my number to hand over the supporting documents, I didn't expect this bit surprised;
• I was sitting for 30 minutes, Then I got a call from the case worker asking a reasons why I didn't hand over the supporting documents, I answered saying waiting for the notice board to prompt my number; she wanted to come to collection point to get the supporting documents; I went there; she took my file, I didnt have even time to explain what are the documents, she didnt even sit, and few seconds she said she will make a decision in 1 hour, asked to wait in the sitting are in cafeteria;
• I checked the display board for all 1 hour looking for my number, suddenly my number prompted and asked to come to the mentioned counter, exactly in 1 hour;
• Another lady this time told me "granted ILR and cards will be coming by post in 5-10 days", she handed over all the original documents back to me;
• Came out of the building and finished the operation Luna house at 11:45am

ready01
Newly Registered

Concerns had before PEO

Post by ready01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Concerns had before PEO
• 87 Days delayed entering UK (limit is 90 days)
• 2 weeks out of UK (within all 5 years) to bring my family (I provided the letter from ex employer saying it was a paid holiday & continued work immediately coming back to UK)
• Current employer office changed last year and went to PEO with contract letter & the 12 month salary confirmation letter (recently taken) with 2 deferent addresses but same company name
• Last character of the NI number is wrong for the current employer payroll and all pay slips and 3 P60s display wrong last character in NI number (I notice this last week), where previous employer pay slips and P60s shows the correct NI number;
• I didn't book for my UK born daughter, but added her on the day morning, they allowed
• I kept some money for maintenance if in case they check but it was only 100£ more as required amount in deferent account
• Also I had only 300£+total visa fee in my bank account, paid by debit card in the morning, went thru without any issue
• Current payslips were online printouts but only stamped not signed by HR

But thank god, it went well for me

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Congratulations!

Did you have any absences? Did you produce any employer letter for same?

Its biometric, not Keanu Reeves's matrix :-)

ready01
Newly Registered

Documents which I carried

Post by ready01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I will put the documents which I carried tonight; I went with Me, Wife and my 3 kids; paid painful 6100£ as visa fee:

ready01
Newly Registered

Post by ready01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Cool mistake, as I didn't even think about it "biometric is"! thanks

For 12 days which I went out of UK I gave a letter from employer saying it was a paid holiday;
87 days nothing, other than that I was inside UK

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Got ILR in Croydon PEO - 05 June 2013

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:39 pm

ready01 wrote:• Left home 5:50am from Slough,
• Reached NCP car park at 7:05am (parking fee must be paid only when leaving, 8£/24 hrs, notes can be paid only the machine inside the shopping centre when just opening the door to shopping centre)
• There is a door in the ground floor of the car park to the shopping centre (having toilets for the kids, not bad)
• Security checks done
• Went to ground floor document checking counter, they checked all and gave a token, I didn't book for my daughter born in UK, But I carried my application one page filled another page unfilled with her and requested them to add her also; they allowed
• They asked to go to 3rd floor cafeteria; wait for the notice board to prompt my number
• As it prompted I went to the correct counter for payment, they checked the application and took the payment page; asked me to enter the pin to finish the mentioned amount in the payment page, then asked us to wait until the notice board prompt our number for the next activity
• Next, went to the next activity for the mentioned counter in the notice board (same floor) for the registration of the application, they checked all the members in the application and registered my application for the day; asked me to wait in the sitting area until notice board prompts my number for bio matrix;
• Went to bio matrix as soon my number prompted, completed the bio matrix; after bio matrix ,strangely the lady did the bio matrix took my application and all passports and said be in the sitting area until notice board prompt my number to hand over the supporting documents, I didn't expect this bit surprised;
• I was sitting for 30 minutes, Then I got a call from the case worker asking a reasons why I didn't hand over the supporting documents, I answered saying waiting for the notice board to prompt my number; she wanted to come to collection point to get the supporting documents; I went there; she took my file, I didnt have even time to explain what are the documents, she didnt even sit, and few seconds she said she will make a decision in 1 hour, asked to wait in the sitting are in cafeteria;
• I checked the display board for all 1 hour looking for my number, suddenly my number prompted and asked to come to the mentioned counter, exactly in 1 hour;
• Another lady this time told me "granted ILR and cards will be coming by post in 5-10 days", she handed over all the original documents back to me;
Congratulations. Well done. Enjoy your ILR with your family.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Congrates ready01,

I am going for ILR in next 2.5 weeks need some doubt clarified,

Why did you not add your UK born kid in first place?

ready01
Newly Registered

Rahul...

Post by ready01 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Rahul, I initially thought to directly apply her to naturalization after my ILR, but she also got 2 years visa with my extension; and all of our visas will be finishing in 4 days time, in case if they keep my application for some reason to delay the decision then I thought I need to apply ILR for my UK born daughter in 4 days time by post; else I thought she cannot apply for naturalization after finishing her visa, I thought it will be an overstay; I erroneously applied her for extension 2 years back where I could have applied her directly for naturalization without any visa;
I might be wrong or you might do something else, but I made the best decision for my family so I did it;

wordable

Post by wordable » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Congratulations! So happy for you! :D :D :D

onabanjo

Re: Got ILR in Croydon PEO - 05 June 2013

Post by onabanjo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

ready01 wrote:• Left home 5:50am from Slough,
• Security checks done
Congratulations :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks for clarifying Ready01,

I am not applying for my UK born kid's ILR, but giving info in 5.7 and 5.8 about paternity leave and showing her birth certificate as Cohab proof?]

I hope it won't be any issue.

ready01
Newly Registered

Rahul..

Post by ready01 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 am

Hi Rahul,
Sorry mate I have no idea about 5.7 and 5.8 about paternity leave as I didn't read even that part.
As a general comment, even though I many times read & prepared, double checked, rearranged the docs and did everything again and again, but after going there I understood it is a deadly busy place, lot of applicants , many counters many activities so busy.
I think if we have basic docs in order you will get it; but we cannot take a chance true but we as ILR applicants need not to worry much I thought so;

Good luck to all and I hope god will help ALL applicants to get ILR,
after all it is pleasant achievement!! !

I will put the docs I submitted tonight

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 am

Rahul1977 wrote:Thanks for clarifying Ready01,

I am not applying for my UK born kid's ILR, but giving info in 5.7 and 5.8 about paternity leave and showing her birth certificate as Cohab proof?

I hope it won't be any issue.
You dont have to apply for your UK born child, once you have ILR you can simply register them for citizenship - very straightforward process. I did the same thing a couple of months back. Even if the child's current visa expires it wont be an issue as it is not at the discretion of home office and it is an entitlement.
Providing paternity leave info and birth cert should not be an issue but i would recommend that you include other cohab proof documents too.