ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents not yet received back to my address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msb
Newly Registered

Documents not yet received back to my address

Post by msb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi everyone,

HO dispatched my docs on Feb 6 and I haven't yet received my documents to my UK address. It contains all my documents and this is Incountry application.

Moderators, please advice me what should I do. I am chasing up with Royal mail regarding this recorded delivery and they r saying wait for 15 days and they will declare it as lost after 15 days.

Are there any cases where people got their docs back very late with in UK. Please kindly reply with ur suggestions

Thanks
ms

nakvis

Hello

Post by nakvis » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi,
Some time HO gives incorrect information. Please speak to HO and confirm again about date of despatch!!!

Regards

msb
Newly Registered

Post by msb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi Nakvis,

Thanks for your response. I have got recorded delivery number and checked with Royal mail. This is supposed to be delivered to my address.
But looks like Royal mail messed up this delivery.

i dont know what i shud do. pls advice me. no sleep for last one week mate. anyone pls pls advice me.

Thanks
Shankar

Ang
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Ang » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:51 pm

hi, you need to call up royal mail and get a proof of delivery POD. It will show you exactly where it was delivered to and who signed for it. They can send it to you electronically if you want.

So contact them and give them with your tracking number and they can send you a POD if the package has been delivered. If not, they will let you know where it is being held.

msb
Newly Registered

Post by msb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi Ang,
I am calling every hour and there is no information on this item as it is not delivered so far. As it is recorded, they dont have tracking info where it is held up. They can only say whether it is delivered or not and provide POD once it is delivered. Had it been Special delivery, i would have got detail info like where exactly it held up.
Very miserable..I suggest everyone to arrange special delivery or courier as recorded is not guaranteed delivery.

Thanks
ms

goldfish
Member of Standing

Documents not received

Post by goldfish » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:05 pm

With my initial HSMP application, the postman let my neighbour sign for my documents - not that I had authorised that! I didn't even know my neighbours at the time, but they were given all my documents like passport, bank statements, uni degrees. Luckily they saw me coming into my house and brought them over to me. Definitely find out who signed for them and maybe that will help find out if something similar happened with you. It is stressful enough waiting for documents back without them being lost along the way. Good luck!