ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1applicant

BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

Post by tier1applicant » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm

I submitted a request for change of surname on my biometric residence permit using the BRP(RC) application.

Date Applicaiton Posted: 22/04/2013
Date Application Received: 23/04/2013
Date on Acknowledgement Letter: 24/04/2013
Current status (06/06/2013): UKBA (on 0870 606 7766) unable to locate my application using the reference number on the acknowledgement letter

Has anyone else had this issue in the past?. I am quite concerned as I have sent quite a few original documents including my passport, BRP and marriage certificate. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or an email id which might be able to confirm the fact that they are atleast working on the application !

Lekore
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(RC) - UKBA unable to trace application

Post by Lekore » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Had the same issue before. No-one seems sure if a BRP application is even logged onto the normal databases or not.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:08 pm

[quote="Lekore"]Had the same issue before. No-one seems sure if a BRP application is even logged onto the normal databases or not.[/quote]

Just wondering how it panned out for you eventually? Could you share how long it took for you to get your BRP invitation and then eventually get your documents back from UKBA. Is there anything you did which you think might have got the application moving, or atleast hear from UKBA that they have the application still with them !

Lekore
Newly Registered

Post by Lekore » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Wasn't my own, but afaik it's still unresolved too :(

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:55 pm

tier1applicant wrote:I submitted a request for change of surname on my biometric residence permit using the BRP(RC) application.

Date Applicaiton Posted: 22/04/2013
Date Application Received: 23/04/2013
Date on Acknowledgement Letter: 24/04/2013
Current status (06/06/2013): UKBA (on 0870 606 7766) unable to locate my application using the reference number on the acknowledgement letter

Has anyone else had this issue in the past?. I am quite concerned as I have sent quite a few original documents including my passport, BRP and marriage certificate. Does anyone know if there is a phone number or an email id which might be able to confirm the fact that they are atleast working on the application !
Further to this post I emailed the MP and received a response dated 10th June advising me that he will follow up with UKBA. On 15th I received a letter from UKBA advising me to submit biometrics - letter dated 13th June! Glad they still have my docs and the application is progressing! (I noticed that the case reference number on the biometric letter was different from the initial acknowledgement, so perhaps this is the reason they were unable to track the applicaiton on the enquiry line)