ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's eligibility for ILR..PLS HELP!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nivas_a
Newly Registered

Wife's eligibility for ILR..PLS HELP!!

Post by nivas_a » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 am

Helloo all,need some help regarding my wife's eligibility for ILR

I am a Tier 1 (General) visa holder and I am applying for ILR in July 2013. Since Sep 2009 my wife is holding a dependant visa and stayed with me in the same address.
Though she is continuously having dependant visa since 2009 to till date, she had spent continues 10 months in India during her pregnancy (i.e from Nov/2011 till Sep/2012).

She was here continuously for 2 years (from Sep/2009 till Nov/2011) and then been to India for, 10 months(as stated above). Despite of her 10 Months stay in India, Is she eligible for applying ILR with me??
Last edited by nivas_a on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nivas_a
Newly Registered

Post by nivas_a » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:35 am

Hello has anyone got any suggestions.My ilr is due in 5 weeks.please help guys .your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi ,
What was the outcome of your application regarding dependent ? Can you share please ?
Thanks
Last edited by dk2011 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nivas_a
Newly Registered

Got the ILR

Post by nivas_a » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi all..first of all I wish to thank everyone in this group.Our application was successful today at Sheffield PEO.Everything went on very smoothly.
Got the ILR for dependents also (Wife and baby).

dk2011

Re: Got the ILR

Post by dk2011 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:56 pm

nivas_a wrote:Hi all..first of all I wish to thank everyone in this group.Our application was successful today at Sheffield PEO.Everything went on very smoothly.
Got the ILR for dependents also (Wife and baby).
Congrats!

SKJMR

congrats

Post by SKJMR » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

firstly congrats on getting ILR for both your wife and child.

my question is

1. how did your child get PR/ILR....even though the baby is born in India.
2. did he get ILR in UK or India ( from where did he apply for visa UK or India)
3. You said your wife was outside UK for 10 months...but before she left to UK she was in UK with you for 2 yrs continuous....how did she get ILR even though she was out of the country for 10 months

please give me detailed answer and suggestions as iam also in the same position..my wife is pregnant and dont know whether to go to india or stay here in UK for delivery and all visa issues at later stage.... my application for PR is due next year in aug 2014 and in aug 2013 which is next month...my wife stay will be exactly 2 years in UK next month...and i came to UK 2009..

please help me with your honest and clear suggestions

nivas_a
Newly Registered

Post by nivas_a » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi SKJMR

We applied the ILR for babyin Uk.She has been considered as my dependent.What ever the status I have the baby will get it.

Coming to your Wife's visa dependent(Spouse) needs to be with main applicant in UK for atleast 2 yrs in Cohabitation( under rules before 9th July 2012 ).You need to prove them the same with sufficient proofs.Your wife should complete 2yrs of cohabitation without any breaks.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi nivas_a,

Just wondering where you got this information from? - ''Your wife should complete 2yrs of cohabitation without any breaks''

Please provide any links.

thank you..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming to your Wife's visa dependent(Spouse) needs to be with main applicant in UK for atleast 2 yrs in Cohabitation( under rules before 9th July 2012 ).You need to prove them the same with sufficient proofs.Your wife should complete 2yrs of cohabitation without any breaks.[/u]