ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Solicitors in Glasgow or Edinburgh

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summer08

Immigration Solicitors in Glasgow or Edinburgh

Post by summer08 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I am looking for immigration solicitors in Glasgow or Edinburgh who have in-depth knowledge and experience of dealing with the Home Office and the UK Border Agency so that they would be in the perfect position to help me with my application for ILR this month.
Please advise.

summer08

Post by summer08 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 am

Hi all,
Anyone would you please guide me if someone you know who already dealt ILR application at Glasgow PEO successfully.
Thanks in advance

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 am

I was wondering whether the immigration solicitor or adviser can influence UKBA's decision on ILR application?
How can they help to get a positive decision (at decision stage during your interview at PEOs)?
Does anyone have any experience with this?

jamiluddin

hi

Post by jamiluddin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

DAvid Brown in Drummond miller llp is very professional solicitor based in edinburgh ,you can find in internet

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:40 pm

what kind of ILR are you applying for?

Why do you need a solicitor? If you dont have anything wrong dont waste your money with them. If you wanna make sure you have filled your form right use Settlement Checking Service.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Emrah wrote:what kind of ILR are you applying for?

Why do you need a solicitor? If you dont have anything wrong dont waste your money with them. If you wanna make sure you have filled your form right use Settlement Checking Service.
The SCS can only be used for set(m) applications. The OP is a PBS applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

summer08

Post by summer08 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Worries, Doubts, Fear and Stress….No More!
I'm on tier1 G and dont have anything wrong, working for the same employer and living in the same place since 2008, however,there are many issues in the past like refusal of student visa( reapplied and got it), fixed penalty notice in 2009( traffic offence) and nationality of my husband!
I need an immigration adviser to represent me at the PEO because getting ILR is very important for my family to settle and feel this place is our home . I think they will be treated differently and they may have an influence on the case worker's decision. Am I right?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 pm

summer08 wrote:

I'm on tier1 G and dont have anything wrong, working for the same employer and living in the same place since 2008, however,there are many issues in the past like refusal of student visa( reapplied and got it), fixed penalty notice in 2009( traffic offence) and nationality of my husband!
I need an immigration adviser to represent me at the PEO because getting ILR is very important for my family to settle and feel this place is our home . I think they will be treated differently and they may have an influence on the case worker's decision. Am I right?
How can a Solicitor influence a CW in making a decision. That's not right. How much stress we go through in getting our ILR. If you have the right documents documents and CW is happy with them ,you will be granted your ILR. That's how I did and got MY ILR ,after getting all the help from from this great Forum.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 pm

summer08 wrote:

You don't need to worry about the FPN (I assume that is all there is) if that's any consolidation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dminus
Newly Registered

Post by dminus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 am

It's always nice to have somebody to look at your documents and the forms, to double check that the appointment days qualifies, etc. You can ask your friends to do it, if you are lucky they know something about it and have spare hours to look at various instructions and your specific case. That is why the simplest thing is to hire someone knowledgeable at least to prepare your application. I understand professional help starts at 300 pounds. I am sure you can find someone around Glasgow/Edinburgh to represent you for an additional 100. Not a lot for a piece of mind.