ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of current leave-do I need to apply for ILR or BC?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

Extension of current leave-do I need to apply for ILR or BC?

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 am

Hi, everybody. This forum is very useful and I was reading it for couple years and always found information I was searching for. So thanks to administration and all participants who make this forum work and up to date. I have a question now. I have been living in UK on a student visa since August 2002. In August 2012 I applied for ILR on grounds of Lawful Long Residence (10 years), but, as I did not have Life in UK test certificate (I did not have any ID to pass it at that time) UKBA granted me an extension of my visa for 2 years. Will I need to apply for ILR again before applying for British citizenship or may I apply for BC straight away having passed the Life in UK test? And do I need to wait for 1 year since I receive ILR (in case if I need to apply for it)? Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

Apply for ILR again.

Wait at least 1 year from when you are granted ILR before applying for British citizenship, unless you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks a lot!