ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Stamp 4 EU Treaty Rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramc86
Newly Registered

Ireland Stamp 4 EU Treaty Rights

Post by ramc86 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 am

Hello I am a British Citizen and my Filipino wife has been granted her entry visa to Ireland, I also have an Irish passport, would like to know can my wife apply for stamp 4 using my Irish passport?? or is that not possible under EU treaty rights, confused as I have both an Irish and British..

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 am

say nothing about your Irish Citizenship and passport
you are better off to apply as a British Citizen only.

If you let them know you also have Irish Citizenship
they will treat you as Irish only, which is second class.
You will have no EU-wide visa free travel and have
no family reunification rights.

The only other thing to consider is the issue of getting Irish Citizenship and Irish Passport for your wife.
Spouse of Irish Citizen can apply after 3 years
Otherwise you wait 5 years.
Its a small advantage, but on the whole you would be second
class to be Irish.

ramc86
Newly Registered

Post by ramc86 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am

ok thanks, would also like to know after 3 months if i still have not found employment can my wife get an extension on her visa to stay in ireland with me whilst i find work ?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 am

ramc86 wrote:ok thanks, would also like to know after 3 months if i still have not found employment can my wife get an extension on her visa to stay in ireland with me whilst i find work ?
sorry, I don't know.
I don't know what happens if you cannot establish yourself as
exercising treaty rights after 3 months, i.e either. employed, self-employed,
full self sufficient with medical insurance, or a registered student.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:05 pm

If you are not a student, employed, or self-employed after 3 months you are not exercising EU Treaty Rights anymore and your wife cannot stay in Ireland.

Two work around I can think of:
1) if you don't find a job, you can probably find a place to register as a student, even though your plan is not to study.
2) you can still have her registered as the spouse of an Irish citizen. I am not expert in the area but I think it is just a matter of going to the GNIB and showing both passports and your wedding certificate. As mentioned before she would have more rights as the spouse of an British citizen so if you can you should go that route, but if it doesn't work registering as the spouse of an Irish could also be an option to explore.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 pm

if you were born on the island of ireland they will find out about your irish citizenship, and application for EUTR will not be accepted, or will be refused.