ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal visa - Paid ILR fee by visa debit card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poornesh
Newly Registered

Postal visa - Paid ILR fee by visa debit card

Post by poornesh » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi
I have recently applied for ILR. I sent SET(O) form by post and for the ILR fee I have provided my visa debit card details. Today I was going through the ukba website and I found that if I am applying by post and paying by debit card then I can only pay by Maestro card but I have paid with visa debit card.

will my application rejected ? or can I have an option now to send the fee by check?

Any help is highly appreciated.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Postal visa - Paid ILR fee by visa debit card

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm

poornesh wrote:Hi
I have recently applied for ILR. I sent SET(O) form by post and for the ILR fee I have provided my visa debit card details. Today I was going through the ukba website and I found that if I am applying by post and paying by debit card then I can only pay by Maestro card but I have paid with visa debit card.

will my application rejected ? or can I have an option now to send the fee by check?

UKBA accept VISA (the old name used for this was DELTA) even though they dont explicitly mention it. I have paid with visa card in the past. If all the details you have provided are correct then you dont have to do anything. It will go through just fine.

poornesh
Newly Registered

Post by poornesh » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Shahid
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know whether you sent your application by post?
Because this is what I found on ukba site.

"If you are applying by post or courier, you can choose how to pay your application fee:
With a credit or debit card - American Express, MasterCard, Visa (including Electron), Delta or Maestro (including Solo). For postal and courier payments, we accept only Maestro cards issued in the UK. You must include the card number, the amount paid, the payer's name as it appears on the card, the 'valid from' and expiry dates, the card verification value (CVV) code, the cardholder's signature and the date. The issue number is also needed for Maestro cards."
shahid2000 wrote:

UKBA accept VISA (the old name used for this was DELTA) even though they dont explicitly mention it. I have paid with visa card in the past. If all the details you have provided are correct then you dont have to do anything. It will go through just fine.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:43 pm

poornesh wrote:Hi Shahid
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know whether you sent your application by post?
Because this is what I found on ukba site.

"If you are applying by post or courier, you can choose how to pay your application fee:
With a credit or debit card - American Express, MasterCard, Visa (including Electron), Delta or Maestro (including Solo). For postal and courier payments, we accept only Maestro cards issued in the UK. You must include the card number, the amount paid, the payer's name as it appears on the card, the 'valid from' and expiry dates, the card verification value (CVV) code, the cardholder's signature and the date. The issue number is also needed for Maestro cards."
shahid2000 wrote:

:D I think you are reading it wrong mate :D the emphasis is on ".... issued in the UK" not on "maestro". To put simply, for postal applications you can use any type of cards but if you decide to use maestro then it must be issued in the UK. It does not say that they dont accept any other cards. Relax, you are ok.

To answer your question, mine was a postal application but it was a couple of years ago. Like i clarified above dont worry you should be ok.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I paid with visa, postal application. UKBA has taken money with no problem.