ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

only one parent is ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinny2337
Newly Registered

only one parent is ILR

Post by jinny2337 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi, All.

I tried to read and find most information here and thanks for knowing this site!!

I am thinking to apply for citizen registration for my son (under section 3,1) soon. I have few questions

1. I(mother) am holding ILR but my husband, child father, is working abroad and he is not having any uk visa at the moment. would it be problem for application for my son's citizen since they request 2 parents details and consent?
2. my son has ILR in April this year. do I have to mention it on the 1.3 in the form?

Regards
Jin

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: only one parent is ILR

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 pm

jinny2337 wrote:Hi, All.

I tried to read and find most information here and thanks for knowing this site!!

I am thinking to apply for citizen registration for my son (under section 3,1) soon. I have few questions

1. I(mother) am holding ILR but my husband, child father, is working abroad and he is not having any uk visa at the moment. would it be problem for application for my son's citizen since they request 2 parents details and consent?
2. my son has ILR in April this year. do I have to mention it on the 1.3 in the form?

Regards
Jin
Your son was born in the UK was he not? Thus he is entitled to register under section 1(3). You do not need both parents consent, your consent will suffice providing you provide a valid reason why the Father cannot not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.