ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for british passport, can i send my expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dehjet

apply for british passport, can i send my expired passport

Post by dehjet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:35 am

hi i am going to apply for the british passport, also i need to travel abroad immediately after.i have my expired passport (which is non-uk one) can i send this old passport with my application and go abroad with my current non-uk passport? do we have to send both of them or the latest current one as i think non-uk passport is needed just for identity check?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:11 am

Just apply when you return. In any case, you need to attend an interview which normally takes place 2-3 weeks after applying so you can't travel abroad for long.

dehjet

Post by dehjet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 pm

i'll be back just for the time for the interview,in any case aren't we able to choose the date for the interview ? i'll be going abroad for 10 days, but when i return i'll need to go again which i wouldn't have enough time to apply again.do you think will it be enough just to send the expired cancelled passport as proof?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm

the passport application form clearly states current passport only and expired passport(s) are not required.

dehjet

Post by dehjet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm

from here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... pplication

2. Documents you must send with your application

Born outside the UK
You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration

You must send:

your naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on

passport i used to come into the uk for the first time was my expired passport. it is written with "or" ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 pm

expired passport (passport used to enter UK for the first time) is not required for applicants obtained BC through naturalisation.

only current passport and naturalisation certificate are two required documents along with photo and fee.