ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success ILR today 12/06/13 - easy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamil05

Success ILR today 12/06/13 - easy

Post by jamil05 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

My wife had her Appointment today at 09:00
We were there by 08:30hrs. Called to get number in Line, Then we made a payment of whooping £1 426. The Lady took our folder to a case worker. 10 minutes later My miss was called for a biometric. We were expecting to be called for a proper interview, a roasting by the case worker. But to our biggest surprise at exactly 09:42 we were called to a window and told that the application was a success and the card should arrive by post in 7 working days.

There was no interview even for a second. This was a first as i have been dealing with UKBA on a number of occasions and every time they will interrogate you to the point of having a running stomach.

For just under 45 Min we were on our way out with an Indefinite Leave to remain.

Thanks to this forum as many of our fears where put to bed by gurus here

Keep up the good work guys
Last edited by jamil05 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arahimpk
United Kingdom

Post by arahimpk » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Congratulations @Jamil05
just wondering which PEO you went?

ldbright

Re: Success ILR today 12/06/13 - Like walk in the park

Post by ldbright » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Congratulations! Well done!

Suggest you to change the subject as 'a walk in the park' can easily be a perfect headline for an immigrant bashing newspaper. :-)
jamil05 wrote:My wife had her Appointment today at 09:00
We were there by 08:30hrs. Called to get number in Line, Then we made a payment of whooping £1 426. The Lady took our folder to a case worker. 10 minutes later My miss was called for a biometric. We were expecting to be called for a proper interview, a roasting by the case worker. But to our biggest surprise at exactly 09:42 we were called to a window and told that the application was a success and the card should arrive by post in 7 working days.

There was no interview even for a second. This was a first as i have been dealing with UKBA on a number of occasions and every time they will interrogate you to the point of having a running stomach.

For just under 45 Min we were on our way out with an Indefinite Leave to remain.

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm

it was at Sheffield. It was worth the 4 hour round trip drive

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Congratulations! :D :D :D

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Success ILR today 12/06/13 - easy

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Congratulations on your wife's ILR. Could you please list the documents she submitted.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

onabanjo

Re: Success ILR today 12/06/13 - easy

Post by onabanjo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Congratulations and enjoy your ILR
:D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:41 pm

I dont work in UK. I have zero income in this country. My income come from farming i do in Zimbabwe, Africa. Its showing on my bank statements that i get minimum £2 300 from barclays zimbabwe to barclays UK. We were not sure if this will be sufficient evidence to prove that we can survive without benefits. My wife do work in UK with a small income of £1 100 per month.

So we took All her bank statements and my bank statements for the 2 years. All her pay slips from 2 years back.

We have no bill with joint names. All are under my name. We took these as well, water, Gas, Phone, TV licence, council tax.

She had only her bank statements, pay slips, Letters from doctor, Driving licence and a letter from Inland revenue. Again we were not very sure if this was sufficient evidence on her part. She has recently changed surname from her maiden to mine, so she had her 2 passports with her

Another issue we were not sure about was the working tax credit. As i was the only one allowed to claim benefits I applied for Child Tax credits and when there were awarded we were surprised that HMRC paid us working tax credits Under my wifes name even though she didnt apply for them.

At the end of the day all our fears were quashed when nothing raised red flag against the application

We took:

72 X Bank statements from 2 different banks and 2 different people
23 X pay slips for her
4 X passports for the 2 of Us
16 X Gas/electric bills
2 X water statements
2 X council tax bills
6 X doctor letters for her
3 X letters from HMRC
2 X lease agreements
1 X stamped letter from her employer confirming her salary
2 X our Driving licenses with their counter parts

We took our 2 Kids passports just in case and their birth certificates. But these were never asked

The form was saying they need just 6 items from each of US coming from at least 3 different sources proving that we live at same address, but we just gone over the top bringing all documents we deem necessary.

Last year while i was away the council Tax bill couldnt be honored by the bank and the Council went to court for a CCJ. This was granted under my name. As soon as i came back to UK i cleared this Tax but the CCJ had already been issued. On the form we didnt mention this.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:46 pm

jamil05 wrote:I dont work in UK. I have zero income in this country. My income come from farming i do in Zimbabwe, Africa. Its showing on my bank statements that i get minimum £2 300 from barclays zimbabwe to barclays UK. We were not sure if this will be sufficient evidence to prove that we can survive without benefits. My wife do work in UK with a small income of £1 100 per month.

So we took All her bank statements and my bank statements for the 2 years. All her pay slips from 2 years back.

We have no bill with joint names. All are under my name. We took these as well, water, Gas, Phone, TV licence, council tax.

She had only her bank statements, pay slips, Letters from doctor, Driving licence and a letter from Inland revenue. Again we were not very sure if this was sufficient evidence on her part. She has recently changed surname from her maiden to mine, so she had her 2 passports with her

Another issue we were not sure about was the working tax credit. As i was the only one allowed to claim benefits I applied for Child Tax credits and when there were awarded we were surprised that HMRC paid us working tax credits Under my wifes name even though she didnt apply for them.

At the end of the day all our fears were quashed when nothing raised red flag against the application

We took:

72 X Bank statements from 2 different banks and 2 different people
23 X pay slips for her
4 X passports for the 2 of Us
16 X Gas/electric bills
2 X water statements
2 X council tax bills
6 X doctor letters for her
3 X letters from HMRC
2 X lease agreements
1 X stamped letter from her employer confirming her salary
2 X our Driving licenses with their counter parts

We took our 2 Kids passports just in case and their birth certificates. But these were never asked

The form was saying they need just 6 items from each of US coming from at least 3 different sources proving that we live at same address, but we just gone over the top bringing all documents we deem necessary.

Last year while i was away the council Tax bill couldnt be honored by the bank and the Council went to court for a CCJ. This was granted under my name. As soon as i came back to UK i cleared this Tax but the CCJ had already been issued. On the form we didnt mention this.
Thank You for your reply. A very exhaustive list of documents.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .