ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success story and some queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicky99
Newly Registered

ILR success story and some queries

Post by vicky99 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Dear Friends,

This is a wonderful forum and thanks everybody for your contributions here.

I had my ILR approved in Sheffield last week. It was through Tier 2 ICT route. I completed 5 years with a combination of WP and Tier 2 ICT visa. Total absences were 81 days. Submitted the documents only asked for in the application form but had P60's etc ready in case needed. The entire process was completed in just about three hours. Now waiting for the BRP which should arrive within 10 working days as informed while leaving the PEO.

I have a query regarding my spouse visa now. She is in UK since august 2011 as Tier 2 ICT dependent. I decided to get my ILR first hence didnt include her in my application..
What dependent visa category should I apply for her? Should I use SET (M) or FLR (M)? Is there any timescale as per any rule within which I should apply after I receive my BRP?

Thanks in advance and best wishes for all the future applicants!!

onabanjo

Re: ILR success story and some queries

Post by onabanjo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

vicky99 wrote:Dear Friends,

I had my ILR approved in Sheffield last week. It was through Tier 2 ICT route. I completed 5 years with a combination of WP and Tier 2 ICT visa. Total absences were 81 days. Submitted the documents only asked for in the application form but had P60's etc ready in case needed. The entire process was completed in just about three hours. Now waiting for the BRP which should arrive within 10 working days as informed while leaving the PEO.

I have a query regarding my spouse visa now. She is in UK since august 2011 as Tier 2 ICT dependent. I decided to get my ILR first hence didnt include her in my application..
What dependent visa category should I apply for her? Should I use SET (M) or FLR (M)? Is there any timescale as per any rule within which I should apply after I receive my BRP?

Thanks in advance and best wishes for all the future applicants!!
Congratulations and enjoy your stay in UK WITH YOUR ILR
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Vicky,

Why didn't you include your wife's application as a dependent ? As in the past you would have included your wife's application as a dependent case during your Tier 2 ICT extension along with your own application, similarly, you could have done that, right ?

Just curious to know...

dk2011

Re: ILR success story and some queries

Post by dk2011 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 pm

[quote="vicky99"]Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance and best wishes for all the future applicants!![/quote]
She can continue to be on her current VISA and apply for ILR through SET(O) form once she has completed 2 years.
Can you provide list of documents you submitted for your ILR please?

ilrindian
Newly Registered

husband ILR and wife in ICT dependent?

Post by ilrindian » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 pm

dear all,

Today I got my ILR, thanks to this discussion board which helped me in clarifying many doubts. I was in work permit and then in T2 ICT for 5 years with 5 months break in between. But it was very smooth PEO experience.

i have few questions, can some one clarify please:

1/ I got ILR only for me. My family (wife and 2 kids) are in India since Nov 2012. They were here in UK for more than 2 years during my 5years stay. They now have T2 ICT dependent visa till Aug 2014. Because I am now moved away from T2 ICT to ILR, will they loose their ICT dependent status? Can they travel to UK now using their ICT dependent visa? Can I wait till Aug 2014 and then apply for ILR dependent for them?

2/ If I apply NOW ILR dependent for them from India, which form should I use?

3/ Are they eligible for ILR direcly NOW from India as they have lived here already for 2 years?

Thanks in advance.

FMB22

Post by FMB22 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Ilrindian
Congratulation.
Can you explain please which kind of gap you had netween leave or visa?
This could help someone to prepare application.
Regards

ilrindian
Newly Registered

Post by ilrindian » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm

I had no gaps in visa. but break in uk employment 5 months. worked in India forsame conpany. In UK also, before and after i was with same employer.u