ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife got FLR(M) Now. Will she get ILR straight away

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longresidence

My wife got FLR(M) Now. Will she get ILR straight away

Post by longresidence » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 am

Hi guys, gurus n moderators,

I really thankful everyone for priceless advice. I just want to know some more advice on below topic plz.

I am on ILR under 10 yrs route. My wife got flr(m) yesterday. We have been staying In the same address for 3yrs 5 months.

Once of the solicitors advice me that my wife can apply for ILR, I think SET(M) application and get approved now.
I just want to know guys that will she get ILR, if she applies. If yes, what else we need to show?

We also have child, n we are waiting for his REd passport now.

What else to show from us like...
Is it okay to show maintenance funds from my account. N how much?
Going to Croydon PEO for this application okay??

Any other documents etc etc...

Thanks n a lot in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My wife got FLR(M) Now. Will she get ILR straight away

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 am

longresidence wrote:Hi guys, gurus n moderators,

I really thankful everyone for priceless advice. I just want to know some more advice on below topic plz.

I am on ILR under 10 yrs route. My wife got flr(m) yesterday. We have been staying In the same address for 3yrs 5 months.

Once of the solicitors advice me that my wife can apply for ILR, I think SET(M) application and get approved now.
I just want to know guys that will she get ILR, if she applies. If yes, what else we need to show?

I assume your spouse was a pbs dep prior to July 2012 thus is under the old rules, you can apply for settlement using time as a pbs dep and flr(m) providing this amounts to 2 or more years as per immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d). The form would be set(m) and this can be done at a PEO. Your spouse will need to meet the KOLL requirement and have proof of the cohabitation (a joint letter or letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from at least 3 different sources in total i.e. HMRC, Bank Statement, Council Tax, Utility Bill etc....). She will also have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds. Roughly £112.55 NET per week for a couple after deducting rent/mortgage, savings can also be used. As you are now settled you can claim child benefit and tax credits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

D4109125 wrote:

I assume your spouse was a pbs dep prior to July 2012 thus is under the old rules, you can apply for settlement using time as a pbs dep and flr(m) providing this amounts to 2 or more years as per immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d). The form would be set(m) and this can be done at a PEO. Your spouse will need to meet the KOLL requirement and have proof of the cohabitation (a joint letter or letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from at least 3 different sources in total i.e. HMRC, Bank Statement, Council Tax, Utility Bill etc....). She will also have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds. Roughly £112.55 NET per week for a couple after deducting rent/mortgage, savings can also be used. As you are now settled you can claim child benefit and tax credits.
Thanks for the quick reply.

She got degree from back home under computer science. N it is under points based calculator. We also have letter from UKNaric when she applied FLRM last year jan 2012 that her medium of degree is English.

N is it okay if she qualifies for Life In The UK test.
Regarding maintenance funds, it will show from my account. Okay??

Is it okay
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 am

longresidence wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

She got degree from back home under computer science. N it is under points based calculator. We also have letter from UKNaric when she applied FLRM last year jan 2012 that her medium of degree is English.

N is it okay if she qualifies for Life In The UK test.
Regarding maintenance funds, it will show from my account. Okay??

Is it okay
Thanks
It's fine if it is in your account. See here (click) for the KOLL requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Could you please tell me which visa were you in while you were applying for 10 years long residency , now have you applied for your wife set(m),

the reason am asking is

I was on psw while i was applying for long residence and got approved on 17th of june 13, and waiting for wife flr(m) and she was PSW dependent.

Some people are saying she cant apply for ILR because PSW dependent doesn't count to route to settlement, she entered UK in 2005 and still she is my dependent.

As she already spent 2 years as dependent with me, with 6th April 2013 rules does she need to wait 2 more years for ILR ?

IS this true ?

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 pm

z18runway wrote:

Could you please tell me which visa were you in while you were applying for 10 years long residency , now have you applied for your wife set(m),

the reason am asking is

I was on psw while i was applying for long residence and got approved on 17th of june 13, and waiting for wife flr(m) and she was PSW dependent.

Some people are saying she cant apply for ILR because PSW dependent doesn't count to route to settlement, she entered UK in 2005 and still she is my dependent.

As she already spent 2 years as dependent with me, with 6th April 2013 rules does she need to wait 2 more years for ILR ?

IS this true ?
Hi there,

I got ILR under 10 yrs route, my wife recently got her FLRM for 2 yrs. We r planning to apply her ILR SET(M) soon. I am nt sure whether PSW dependants are not counted towards to ILR. I m sorry.

As per my understanding, u can apply ILR, bt better u take some legal advice before u apply..........k

cheers

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 pm

longresidence wrote:
z18runway wrote:

the reason am asking is

IS this true ?
Hi there,

I got ILR under 10 yrs route, my wife recently got her FLRM for 2 yrs. We r planning to apply her ILR SET(M) soon. I am nt sure whether PSW dependants are not counted towards to ILR. I m sorry.

As per my understanding, u can apply ILR, bt better u take some legal advice before u apply..........k

cheers
I am in contact with Home Office regarding this, please follow set(0)10 years ILR time line for further details, that will surely help.

We both are in same boat.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Hi thanks,

My wife got PEO next week at Croydon for set(m) application. Regarding maintenance funds, this is showing from my bank account. I have been maintaining about over £2500 for the last three months. It didn't fall less than that. Is it okay for a couple and a child.... Isn't? Child already got BP. But we need to mention in the form... Right? I hope it's okay???

Gurus plz ur advice now.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm

longresidence wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Hi thanks,

My wife got PEO next week at Croydon for set(m) application. Regarding maintenance funds, this is showing from my bank account. I have been maintaining about over £2500 for the last three months. It didn't fall less than that. Is it okay for a couple and a child.... Isn't? Child already got BP. But we need to mention in the form... Right? I hope it's okay???

Gurus plz ur advice now.

Many thanks
Adequate maintenance is the key, if you're full time employed there shouldn't be an issue.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:
longresidence wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Hi thanks,

Gurus plz ur advice now.

Many thanks
Adequate maintenance is the key, if you're full time employed there shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for ur reply mate.

Basically I am not working for long time. Looking after my child. But my wife is working n she is in full time employed. He earns good income. Does it help her set(m) application? Say as an example, if I say in the application that I m working n earns so n so, does it effect her application because of I lied about it.

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:43 pm

longresidence wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
longresidence wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Hi thanks,

Gurus plz ur advice now.

Many thanks

Thanks for ur reply mate.

Basically I am not working for long time. Looking after my child. But my wife is working n she is in full time employed. He earns good income. Does it help her set(m) application? Say as an example, if I say in the application that I m working n earns so n so, does it effect her application because of I lied about it.

Thanks in advance
It doesn't matter which one of you are working as you are both legally entitled to do so.

rockybelbo
Newly Registered

Post by rockybelbo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am

Hi,

Can you please let me know what are the documents you have submitted for your wife's FLR (M) Visa.

Thanks,

Rocky.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:39 pm

rockybelbo wrote:Hi,

Can you please let me know what are the documents you have submitted for your wife's FLR (M) Visa.

Thanks,

Rocky.
Well, I have submitted continuous stay of both of us for 2 years here, Dividend vouchers, payslips, bank statements, Tenancy agreement, any utility bills. And the covering letter.

Basically I have applied ILR under 10 yrs route, at the same time I have applied FLRM.

First I got ILR, then my wife got her FLRM after 2 months of my ILR.

And now my wife is going to apply her SET(M) ILR this week.

Good luck for urs....

cheers

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:23 pm

longresidence wrote:

Thanks,

Rocky.
Well, I have submitted continuous stay of both of us for 2 years here, Dividend vouchers, payslips, bank statements, Tenancy agreement, any utility bills. And the covering letter.

Basically I have applied ILR under 10 yrs route, at the same time I have applied FLRM.

Good luck for urs....

cheers
Good luck buddy
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Spatacus wrote:
longresidence wrote:

Thanks,

Rocky.

Good luck for urs....

cheers
Good luck buddy
Hi there,

U too aswell.

My wife got ILR from FlRM yesterday.

It went well. We were there at Croydon for 2 hours.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 pm

longresidence wrote:
My wife got ILR from FlRM yesterday.

It went well. We were there at Croydon for 2 hours.
Congratulation
N/A