ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call from Caseworker

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masti11
Newly Registered

Call from Caseworker

Post by masti11 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:40 am

Spouse Application for Naturalization
Date of application - 22/05/2103 (NCS)

I have put my contact number in the naturalization application form for my spouse and I have received a call from the case worker during my spouse naturalization application process and the case worker asked for my spouse contact details which i have duly provided.

Case worked called back again after sometime saying that my spouse is not lifting the phone and asked for alternate contact number. I have provided the number but the case worker didnt call again.

Its been 3 days since this has happened and we didnt receive any further communication in any form call or letter in post or email either. Dont know the reason behind the call as they didnt leave any message. Should i worry about this or is there a chance that it will delay the application process?? Is there anyway we couldnt get in touch with UKBA to find out the reason for calling us??

Any prior experiences like this are much appreciated?
Last edited by masti11 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Call from Caseworker

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 am

masti11 wrote:Spouse Application for Naturalization

I have put my contact number in the naturalization application form for my spouse and I have received a call from the case worker during my spouse naturalization application process and the case worker asked for my spouse contact details which i have duly provided.

Case worked called back again after sometime saying that my spouse is not lifting the phone and asked for alternate contact number. I have provided the number but the case worker didnt call again.

Its been 3 days since this has happened and we didnt receive any letter in post or email either. Should i worry about this or is there a chance that it will delay the application process??

Is your spouse British? Where is your spouse?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

masti11
Newly Registered

Post by masti11 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

Im British and my spouse is in the process of getting naturalization. She is in the UK and no issues with the application in any form. And this call happened during this application process

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 am

masti11 wrote:Im British and my spouse is in the process of getting naturalization. She is in the UK and no issues with the application in any form. And this call happened during this application process
I wouldn't read too much into it. If the caseworker ring back ask for his/her number so your spouse can ring them back, may have been an issue with payment?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

masti11
Newly Registered

Post by masti11 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Payment has been through and cleared from the bank. Also acknowledgement received immediately after the application. So definitely nothing to do with payment.

Difficult to ascertain the reasons behind the call as we couldn't see any reason for the call. Fingers crossed...may be nothing or may have been sorted automatically. Will wait for the response from UKBA as it seems nothing else can be done in the meanwhile.

masti11
Newly Registered

Re: Call from Caseworker

Post by masti11 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:21 am

masti11 wrote:Spouse Application for Naturalization

Its been 3 days since this has happened and we didnt receive any further communication in any form call or letter in post or email either. Dont know the reason behind the call as they didnt leave any message. Should i worry about this or is there a chance that it will delay the application process?? Is there anyway we couldnt get in touch with UKBA to find out the reason for calling us??

Friends, thanks for all your support. I have received my naturalization approval letter through this morning. Seems the call from case worker didnt deter my application time lines (took only 2 weeks processing). I have included specific time lines with my application in the naturalization processing timelines only page.