ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

newborn passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinny2337
Newly Registered

newborn passport

Post by jinny2337 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello, All.

I have just called to passport advice serivece to book fast track service for my 3weeks old daughter, she was born on 21st May this year. I am holding ILR.

The lady answered my call said that she need to ask her colleague wether my daughter can apply for a passport becuase I am not a biritish, ILR and my husband has depedenat visa and then she wsaid she would call me back later.

as I know, my daughter is a;ready a british and is entitle for passport.
could you give me any advice?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: newborn passport

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:24 pm

jinny2337 wrote:Hello, All.

I have just called to passport advice serivece to book fast track service for my 3weeks old daughter, she was born on 21st May this year. I am holding ILR.

The lady answered my call said that she need to ask her colleague wether my daughter can apply for a passport becuase I am not a biritish, ILR and my husband has depedenat visa and then she wsaid she would call me back later.

If either parent had ILR (at the time of birth) and the child was born in the UK then the child is British and can apply for a British Passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm

jinny2337 wrote:Hello, All.

Is there an emergency that you are applying fast track?

jinny2337
Newly Registered

Post by jinny2337 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Is there an emergency that you are applying fast track?[/quote]

Not really, but I will register my son's citizen after my daughter's passport. my son will travel to my country soon. I presume i need to provide same documents as my daughter. that;s why i am rushing to do it quickly.

mealos

Post by mealos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 am

Congratulations Jinny, wish your little baby all the best! I couldn't understand why has the passport officer on the phone made a big deal out of it, as other friends said here your baby was born British citizen without a doubt considering the mother is holding ILR.

We are in the same situation, in our case I have the ILR but my wife doesnt. I made the fast track application and travelled 3 hours to nearest passport office for this hoping they will observe but not keep our passports and BRPs.

Unfortunately they wished to keep them, the whole process took around 11-12 days which normally is 2-3 days short than normal processing times for similar applications (as people has advised me here).

Choice is yours, if you wish to do it with fast track or not. At least I was there to talk to face to face to ensure no documents are missing .

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:01 am

When I was doing mine daughter passport outside peak period it took 5-6 working days for passport to be delivered. All was in order and app was done via recorded post only. Mine daughter was born as a BC because of mine PR status.
I would just send app as I did.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 am

jinny2337 wrote:Is there an emergency that you are applying fast track?
Not really, but I will register my son's citizen after my daughter's passport. my son will travel to my country soon. I presume i need to provide same documents as my daughter. that;s why i am rushing to do it quickly.
You can use NCS for the Registration application for your son so you can keep the documents and then use them for the passport application. Depending on how much NCS you use (you can shop around) is charging it might be slightly cheaper then going for fast track for the passport.

mealos

Post by mealos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Jambo wrote:
jinny2337 wrote:Is there an emergency that you are applying fast track?
You can use NCS for the Registration application for your son so you can keep the documents and then use them for the passport application. Depending on how much NCS you use (you can shop around) is charging it might be slightly cheaper then going for fast track for the passport.
I think they dont need registration, been born while parent had ILR? Have I misunderstood?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 pm

The OP has two children. One born before ILR so registration is required. One born after ILR.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks Jambo! Now a question popped into my mind , if there is a difference between a UK citizen born in UK as British or registered/naturalized afterwards even though he/she was born in UK...

Need to search a bit, cos I remember things like if your grandparents are born in UK as british citizen then you can come here bla bla but not if they were born outside.

Complicated rules..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:20 am

No difference.