ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lauguage requiement for non-EEA family member of EEA nationl

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svtj
Newly Registered

Lauguage requiement for non-EEA family member of EEA nationl

Post by svtj » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi All,

Help needed.....
I am a family member (wife), i.e. non-EEA national of a EEA national and living in the UK. I have attained ILR and wil apply for citizenship in November 2013. I have passed the life I UK test.

I have heard that the law will change from 28th of Oct. 2013!. I wanted to know if I am required to take a language test (ESOL etc) given my background.

If language test is required, what test is required -- pls explain. As there is a long list on webite home.gov.

many thanks to all

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Unless you are from an English speaking country or have a degree taught in English, you will need to take the test if applying in November but you could apply earlier if you wish to avoid the test. See option (1) in Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.