ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Lots of stamps missing in passport- Do UKBA know dates?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lozmichelle
Newly Registered

ILR Lots of stamps missing in passport- Do UKBA know dates?

Post by lozmichelle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi,

Am planning to do my ILR application soon and having just gone through my passport I've realised quite a number of stamps are missing (at least 5 or 6). Mostly going in and out of Australia (I'm Australian.)

My question is: do the UKBA have a computer record of all your entries and exits from the UK?

And if I apply for a SAR - will that show this information?

I have no record of my flights, so I will probably get the true dates incorrect- will they be able to check and trace these dates?

I'm kinda hoping they CAN'T.

Also, I spoke to someone at very high up at the Home Office recently who said "if you have stamps missing, we are relying on your honesty".......That sounds promising.

Anyone know for sure what records they have?

Thanks in advance!

Manka10

Re: ILR Lots of stamps missing in passport- Do UKBA know dat

Post by Manka10 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 am

lozmichelle wrote:Also, I spoke to someone at very high up at the Home Office recently who said "if you have stamps missing, we are relying on your honesty".......That sounds promising.

Anyone know for sure what records they have?
UKBA neither relies on stamps or honesty to calculate absences, they rely on facts from APIS
Manka

lozmichelle
Newly Registered

Post by lozmichelle » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Thank you Manka10 very much for your reply.!

So the APIS is the computer record of all UK exits and entries? My understanding was that they didn't keep records like this. So I have a few further questions if you (or anyone else) could kindly answer them:

1. So they definitely have a record of all the entries and exits I have made in the UK and can check this?

2. Can they cross reference this with the Australian system?

3. Can they check the APIS if I go to Croydon for a same day application?

4. If I ask for a SAR, will I be privy to the information they have on the APIS?

5. It appears that I only receive UK entry stamps not EXIT ones. Would that be correct?

Many thanks indeed!