ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET(LR) - Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cqln

ILR - SET(LR) - Questions

Post by cqln » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:14 pm

In Immigration Rules, I found some parts say "being admitted for settlement" while some other parts say "is being granted indefinite leave to remain". Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these two expression?

If I am applying for my indefinite leave to remain and the decision is not made, can I say I am being admitted for settlement in the UK?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 am

'Admitted' refers to entry or leave to enter, not leave to remain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm

vinny wrote:'Admitted' refers to entry or leave to enter, not leave to remain.
It seems not for entry. In Immigration Rules 298, it says "Requirements for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom".

So, this is little confusing. As an example, if I am applying for my ILR, can I say I am being admitted for settlement in the UK?

Thanks Vinny.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 pm

cqln wrote:
It seems not for entry. In Immigration Rules 298, it says "Requirements for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom".

So, this is little confusing. As an example, if I am applying for my ILR, can I say I am being admitted for settlement in the UK?

Thanks Vinny.
The being admitted means being allowed in - enter. You are applying for settlement!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

D4109125 wrote:
cqln wrote:

Thanks Vinny.
The being admitted means being allowed in - enter. You are applying for settlement!
This is for Leave to Remain, not for Leave for Enter.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm

cqln wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
cqln wrote:

Thanks Vinny.
A person can be admitted into the uk I.e. a spouse and subsequently apply for ilr!
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm

D4109125 wrote:
cqln wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
cqln wrote:

Thanks Vinny.
A person can be admitted into the uk I.e. a spouse and subsequently apply for ilr!
Thanks for your reply. So, if I am applying for my ILR, can I say I am being admitted for settlement in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 am

vinny wrote:No.
Thanks Vinny, your answer is always strait to the point.

Another similar question. In immigration rules, e.g. 298(ii)(b), it says the child "was given leave to enter or remain with a view to settlement under paragraph 302 or Appendix FM".

So, if a child was given a T2 dependent visa, does it mean his leave to remain is with a view to settlement?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 pm

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks Vinny. It's under Entry Clearance and may be different for the children who have been in the UK. Am I correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Entry clearance is relevant to 'admitted'.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 pm

cqln wrote:I got a question.

I believe most of ILR applicants would already have a couple of HO reference numbers when making previous applications. I am wondering if the one when you are applying for your ILR is the same with your previous ones, particularly, for those who are under 10 year's long residence route?

Thanks!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Use the last HO reference number you have, it's not really that important.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm

D4109125 wrote:Use the last HO reference number you have, it's not really that important.
I really don't understand why the post is moved to here. This is another question and irrelevant to this post.

This is important because somebody may need to link their dependant's application to the main applicant's one. If the reference number is the same, they can link the applications together and submit at the same time. If they are not the same, they will have to wait until the new reference is given.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 pm

To link you would use the acknowledgement letter reference number when the main ILR is submitted.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 pm

D4109125 wrote:To link you would use the acknowledgement letter reference number when the main ILR is submitted.
Yes, this is my question. I checked my previous acknowledge letters. Some use the same HO reference number. So, if this is the case, then the dependant may use it in the new application to link their application to the main applicant, other than wait for the new acknowledge letter for the reference. But if this is really the case?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm

So long as you stipulate your BRP reference number, full name, DOB and address on a cover letter they should be able to link the application without the need of an acknowledgment reference.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:54 pm

D4109125 wrote:So long as you stipulate your BRP reference number, full name, DOB and address on a cover letter they should be able to link the application without the need of an acknowledgment reference.
Thanks for your reply. I understand.

Can you please also tell me if it's better to post them together in an envelop? You know, there should be posted to different department at the same address / PO Box shown on their separate forms. But can they be posted together in order to save some time? Thanks!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Some people do post applications together. It's up to you though, I think it's best to post to right department and keep proof of postage.

cqln

Post by cqln » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 pm

D4109125 wrote:Some people do post applications together. It's up to you though, I think it's best to post to right department and keep proof of postage.
Thanks. Yes, it's good to keep different proof of postage.