ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal Aid on asylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sinner

Legal Aid on asylum

Post by Sinner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello.

I am posting on behalf of my sister in law. She applied for an asylum couple of months ago in Birmingham. She is on Legal Aid, She is still waiting for the interview however she is getting married next month in Manchester. Therefore she will have to move to Manchester.

Now my question is, as she will be moving to Manchester will she be able to continue with that legal aid and solicitor in Birmingham or she will have to do a new solicitor in Manchester.

Please advise?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 pm

The solicitor can represent you wherever you are based.In my opinion it is good to have a solicitor nearer to you .

Check with the solicitor as some will only represent people in their geographical region.