ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Fund Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Timpu
Newly Registered

ILR Fund Requirement

Post by Timpu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am

Hi,

I am on Tier-1 and applying for ILR in July. I required guidance on the following points :

a) What is the minimum balance required that needs to be shown in your personal bank account ?
My monthly balance is about £2000 until 17th and then onwards it starts dipping down till £300 by the 30th.
DO you see this as a problem in my ILR with the background that my business account has more than £30K in it ?
I have not withdrawn the profits because I did not want to withdraw it from my business account.

b) I am sure that we do not need to maintain the maintenance funds in the personal bank account. BUt where can I read that there is no such requirement ?

3) I have the P60 for the 2008, 2009, 2012 & 2013, but for 2011 I do not have the P60. Is this an issue ? I have the tax return for 2011.

Please advise ?

Thanks
Vijay Kumar.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 am

Hi there

(a) I dont think you need any minimum maintenance requirement as per policy but if you have then it really gives a positive feeling to CW, though not a requirement.

(c) reagarding P60, there is no requirement to produce those as they already have all the required systems to check. It is nice to have but not essential...

Wait for gurus to reply but I think sometime we ourselves complicate situations by providing more documents.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22 am

so we dont need to prove the maintenance funds of £900 for main applicant and £600 for dependents in applying for ILR, as we did at the time of extension ? is it confirmed?

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:36 am

yes. There is no fund maintenance requirement for ILR

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks mani

big relief...!!

Timpu
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Timpu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 am

Hello Gurus,

Can you please let me know your replies on :

1)The requirement of maintenance of funds ?

2) A decent balance to be maintained in the savings account ? Is there someone out there who is on Tier - 1 / contracting AND who has not maintained much of balance in personal bank statement BUT has managed to get the ILR ? Remember I have a decent business bank balance above £30K

Please guide me as I need to decide if I need cancel my appointment if required in the next two days!!

Your inputs are vital for me !

Thanks,
Vijay.

paba89

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by paba89 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Timpu wrote:Hello Gurus,

Can you please let me know your replies on :

1)The requirement of maintenance of funds ?

2) A decent balance to be maintained in the savings account ? Is there someone out there who is on Tier - 1 / contracting AND who has not maintained much of balance in personal bank statement BUT has managed to get the ILR ? Remember I have a decent business bank balance above £30K

Please guide me as I need to decide if I need cancel my appointment if required in the next two days!!

Your inputs are vital for me !

Thanks,
Vijay.
Hi Timpu

I a not a guru but I am sure I have read in this forum somewhere that one of the applicant was asked by the caseworker for maintenance funds but fortunately he had the balance in it and he asked the CW to use the same bank statements that he had supplied. Hope this helps.

If I were you I would have maintained the required amount to be on a safe side. you never know who who will be dealing your case and whether he will comeup for any excuse of creating issue in your ILR. So I will suggest you not to give a simple chance to the case worker to delay your application and maintain atleast the minimum amount as you maintained for your Tier1 extention.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Timpu
Newly Registered

ILR Fund Requirement

Post by Timpu » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 am

Hi,

I spoke to one of lawyers who had initially helped me in Tier-1 renewal last year.

He advised me to show some decent balance - approx 3K or above on the most recent statement.
SO I have now transferred some money into my persona; account and then have ordered for a recent statement.

I am going ahead with the PEO appointment on 01/07

Any other views / inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay.

Timpu
Newly Registered

ILR Fund Requirement

Post by Timpu » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Hello Everyone !

Just wanted to update everyone on the Fund requirement for ILR

As per my knowledge there is no requirement to maintain the balance, but it's obviously a good practice to maintain some decent balance in your account.

I had 1K in my bank , since I am a contractor, I transferred £2K from my business account to my personal account and then requested statement from my bank after the balance amount is reflected in the account.

But my business account did have the balance of above £20K.

ILR appointment date - 01/07 - CROYDON.

The whole process at Croydon has changed. We no longer get to know who is the case worker who will be assessing the case.
You go in and pay the money, then they ask you to pass on ALL the DOCUMENTS to them and proceed ahead with Bio metric registration.

The status of your application / token number is displayed on the screen - " Ready for consideration", " being considered", "ready for collection"

Once your application is "ready for collection" state you are being asked to go to a collect the documents.

Many Thanks for all your help.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 am

I come this page through google search.So ,there is no fund requirement for tier1 ILR.

Syed_King
Newly Registered

Post by Syed_King » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 am

Hi
I have seen lots of people to keep asking about Funds for ILR its clearly stated on calculator but still people keep asking why they all are confuse just follow this rule . When you go to point base calculator you just need to satisfy them your attributes. on maintenance there is note below..Help on the question(open in new window). Once you click you would see below bottom Settlement clearly state no need for Maintenance fund.