ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to the Immigration Rules - July 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chelsea2014

Changes to the Immigration Rules - July 2013

Post by chelsea2014 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi all, just saw this today and was thinking if this apply to me when I go for my ILR end of July 2013.

Today, Monday 10 June 2013, a number of minor changes to the Immigration Rules have been published which will come into force on 1 July 2013.

They include:

changes to the documents required for approved English language tests;
clarification that 'regulated financial institutions' means those regulated to provide personal savings accounts or student loans;
more legal courses are now exempt from the time limit on study for Tier 4 student visas; and
a resident labour market test is not needed for applications for a religious worker (Tier 5) extension.

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi chelsea2014, you ought not to worry!

If you read the Statement of Changes in detail, you will notice that the new rules are applicable to people applying for 'limited leave to remain' i.e. Tier 4 and others. This does not apply to ILR applications at the moment but you never know when will the release fresh news. For now, we are all good!

For info, read this document which is hyperlinked on the news page of UKBA!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers.