ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certifying Statement as proof of English language ability?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Certifying Statement as proof of English language ability?

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi there,
I took the CPE exam in 2006 and passed. Unfortunately, I have misplaced my candidate ID number and secret number (but I have my certificate), hence I cannot access my results. It is a bit complicated trying to retrieve the ID and secret number since the centre where I took the exam has long since stopped working in my country.

I haven't really needed to use my certificate until now, but I found out that to apply for a Student visa I need to provide my certificate + results + id and secret number. I have the certificate but not the rest. I have already written to Cambridge ESOL to try and resolve this issue but it is taking a while.

If I apply for a Certifying Statement from Cambridge ESOL and receive that, will that be enough for the UKBA? Or do I need to sit the exam all over again (which is a bit problematic because the exam will take place in the end of November).

Does anyone know what this Certifying Statement looks like? Are there any results on there besides the grade? Has anyone applied for a UK Student visa with a Certifying Statement before?

Thanks!

reaper9589
Newly Registered

Post by reaper9589 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 pm

ok