ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Capita - who has received a letter from them?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

Capita - who has received a letter from them?

Post by mrsheveran » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:37 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /20-capita

what to do in the situation when u receive their letter informing you to leave, when u have an established family life in the UK and no where to return to?

reabs

Re: Capita - who has received a letter from them?

Post by reabs » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Ignoring it won't work as well as getting permission to remain and getting them off your back. You don't provide any background though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm

mrsheveran wrote
hello
I have posted here before regarding my flr(m) last year.
I will briefly write my story here:

I am from Pakistan. I was a student here, got married under the Islamic law in Sep 2009. I had the visa till march 2009 tried to extend it but they refused it in Oct 2009.

Tried to get COA (certificate of approval) after that and which they granted in Nov 2010. Gave the notice to the registrar and register the marriage in Sep 2011. Did my A1 English language tests and then finally applied for flr(m) in April 2012 which they refused in Jan 2013 because they judged my application under the new rules which came in July 2012 (which is an error I think as I applied in April 2012) and the fact that I was an over stayer, also gave me no right of appeal. bear in mind I have all my family here in the UK(mum, dad, bro and sis, haven't got any kids yet).

my solicitor tried to get the permission of appeal from 1st tier and upper tribunal which both have been refused last month.

Now, the only option left for me to go back and apply from Pakistan but I am so scared to go back on my own as I have lived here for almost 9 years and got no one there to support me.

my question here is, with my poor immigration history, how likely am I to get the entry clearance.

I would like to mention here that if I go back I MEET all the requirements of the spouse visa I e:my husband meets all the financial requirements, we have a subsisting marriage(proof of living together for the last 4 yrs.) and English language requirement (which will be expired in Jan 2014)

I am still very upset and scared to have to go back and wait for an unspecified amount of time for the entry clearance which is not 100% guaranteed. Sad

if anyone here is in my situation please share your experience or if anyone has experienced this please let me know.

one more headache is that I have received a letter from capita telling me to basically leave and I believe I will have to leave the country voluntarily for me to have a good reputation in front of the immigration officer.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#860282
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Whoever advices you to make flrm application based on Islamic marriage alone in UK must have known absolutely nothing about immigration rules.

Whoever adviced you to make your second flrm application must have been on drugs. It was bound to be refused as frlm was not possible without a valid leave which you clearly did not have.

Same goes with your appeal. The whole thing was a waste of time and money.

Another example of solicitors and immigration advisors showing a possibility of a rosy outcome, just to fill their pockets.

If you had taken the correct route, you would have become a British Citizen by now. But here you are, still an overstayer.

I am just saying this so others can learn, and not make such grave mistakes.

Having said that, I am sure your overstay on its own won't be an hindrance in getting a spouse visa from Pakistan.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 pm

And I would like to add that sitting and waiting in Pakistan for a few months is far better than spending unlimited amount of time in UK without any certainty of the outcome of any route you might try to take.

If you just want to keep yourselves planted in UK and keep trying various things, then if you are extremely lucky you might get ILR in UK in next 12 to 15 years.

Just hope you do not use the same solicitor you used in past. Make a good proper application, and give attention to all the requirements and make a watertight application from Pakistan. In a few months you could be back in UK with legal status and no headache and stress.