ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA deportation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalolaal

UKBA deportation

Post by lalolaal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:09 pm

hi

I just received a letter from capita (UKBA partner) which states, "you have over stayed in UK and u have to leave UK in 10 days". My EEA Residence card application is still under process in UKBA. Previously I have an EEA family Permit which was ended in march. I got no clue whether to cry or laugh on this stupidity. But one thing is sure, They will not issue me residence card.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: UKBA deportation

Post by Babz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm

lalolaal wrote:hi

I just received a letter from capita (UKBA partner) which states, "you have over stayed in UK and u have to leave UK in 10 days". My EEA Residence card application is still under process in UKBA. Previously I have an EEA family Permit which was ended in march. I got no clue whether to cry or laugh on this stupidity. But one thing is sure, They will not issue me residence card.
It's the private contractor the UKBA hired to fish out overstayers...They send generic letters/email to people once their visa has expired. You can write informing them your application is still being processed

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Does the letter hint that they know you have a EEA Family Permit or have applied for a Residence Card?

What does the letter ask you to do?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: UKBA deportation

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

lalolaal wrote:hi

No need to cry/panic rather stay calm. Capita has been nominated with a project to trace illegals and informing to those whose visas are about to expire but perhaps because of lack of coordination between them a lot of mistakes have been occurring even they sent same type of letter text messages to British passport holder woman and a man who invested in Britain nearly £1 millions. Read it below:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/0 ... s-leave-uk
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Does the letter hint that they know you have a EEA Family Permit or have applied for a Residence Card?

Dear abc

Case ID (my COA has same case ID, it means UKBA told them abiut me)

The overwhelming majority of people who visit the UK do do in accordance with our immigration laws

we are contacting you because the UKBA has told us that you may no longer have the right to remain in UK.

if u do have the right to remain in UK or have submitted a new application, please contact our team on xxxx to confirm it

if u don't have the right to remain in UK you immediately arrange to leave UK and provide proof by filling enclosed form, and send copy of your ticket by date xxxx.

if your passport is held by UKBA, this will be sent to your port of departure when you leave. blah blah blah

blah blah

your sincerely

capita business services
on behalf of UK Boarder Agency

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:51 pm

lalolaal wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Does the letter hint that they know you have a EEA Family Permit or have applied for a Residence Card?

Dear abc

Case ID (my COA has same case ID, it means UKBA told them abiut me)

The overwhelming majority of people who visit the UK do do in accordance with our immigration laws

we are contacting you because the UKBA has told us that you may no longer have the right to remain in UK.

if u do have the right to remain in UK or have submitted a new application, please contact our team on xxxx to confirm it

if u don't have the right to remain in UK you immediately arrange to leave UK and provide proof by filling enclosed form, and send copy of your ticket by date xxxx.

if your passport is held by UKBA, this will be sent to your port of departure when you leave. blah blah blah

blah blah

your sincerely

capita business services
on behalf of UK Boarder Agency
but it does say clearly in the letter that if u have an application with the ukba then just contact them,no need to panic...u have the right to stay and your RC application is under process..just ignore them...contact them to let them know about your new application and that's it,no need to worry more.
Last edited by ukforever on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
UK------++++-------****

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I would suggest that you contact them to clear things up.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Looks like another shambles in hiring 3rd party ineffective companies coupled with the inefficient and dysfunctional UKBA, great combination!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Just to be 100% clear, if you are married to an EU citizen then this does not apply to you and there is almost zero chance of you being deported (unless you are a very serious criminal or a threat to national security).

I asked for the text of the letter just out of interest.

You can ignore them if you want.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I would not be inclined to ignore such letters. Make contact and point out the facts would be a better course in my opinion.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 pm

You are write. I probably should not propose ignoring it quite so directly.

Please challenge the letter and ensure that UKBA is on track to issue your Residence Card. But definitely do not worry about the letter

makaay366
Newly Registered

Post by makaay366 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:03 pm

In such circumstances, the best thing to do is to contact them and clear the air up so that you will not continue to receive such information from them. It has happened to loads of folks i know...its a case of a dysfunctional organisation (UKBA) instructing a company (Capita) to carry out some duties to which they can not provide adequate information to help Capita carry out its duties. Mind you, Capita will not decline anything UKBA says as all they are interested in is to carry out whatever task is thrown at them by UKBA so that they can continue to enrich their pockets.

Contact them and also inform them not too contact you again. That was what a friend did by quoting section 3a, b and c of immigration law.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You are write. I probably should not propose ignoring it quite so directly.

Please challenge the letter and ensure that UKBA is on track to issue your Residence Card. But definitely do not worry about the letter
I have contacted capita and told them about my status. The lady on phone was humbled and apologise me for inconvenience. She also told me that they will write to UKBA about this matter. They will send me letter after updating their data about me. I am still thinking about my residence card application. I hope they will not refused me.

Thank you everyone for their reply

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Let us know how you get on please.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Let us know how you get on please.
yesterday I got my passport and RC . Thanks to God Almighty. This forum was really helpful throughout my journey from eea family permit to residence card. It takes alot of time but finally good news. Finally thanks to everyone. I'm going to Europe next Month. Good luck to everyone for your applications.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

I am pleased that matters were resolved. Did you get an explanation as to what caused the confusion in the first instance?