ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR for Wife - Fanance Requirements?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eddibabyyeah
Newly Registered

UK ILR for Wife - Fanance Requirements?

Post by eddibabyyeah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Sorry if the answer to this has been posted. I have searched and could not find it.

My wife is currently living in the UK and is on a spouse visa (FLR-M). She has been here in the UK now for a total of four years. Her last visa was a two year extension as she didn't fulfill the language requirements to apply for ILR SET(M). She has now passed an ESOL course with citizenship and has the letter & cert from college. If we apply for ILR before October then there is no need to pass "Life in the UK" as she sits under the old rules because she was already here before 9th July 2012.

I recently (last week) quit my job to start my own business as a contractor. I had been employed with this company for 13 years. I have about 30K in the bank as a buffer for my business. Does anybody know what the guidelines are around finances with regard to being self employed?

Thanks
Paul

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK ILR for Wife - Fanance Requirements?

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 pm

eddibabyyeah wrote:Sorry if the answer to this has been posted. I have searched and could not find it.

My wife is currently living in the UK and is on a spouse visa (FLR-M). She has been here in the UK now for a total of four years. Her last visa was a two year extension as she didn't fulfill the language requirements to apply for ILR SET(M). She has now passed an ESOL course with citizenship and has the letter & cert from college. If we apply for ILR before October then there is no need to pass "Life in the UK" as she sits under the old rules because she was already here before 9th July 2012.

I recently (last week) quit my job to start my own business as a contractor. I had been employed with this company for 13 years. I have about 30K in the bank as a buffer for my business. Does anybody know what the guidelines are around finances with regard to being self employed?

Thanks
Paul
Showing the £30000 in the bank will be more than adequate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

eddibabyyeah
Newly Registered

Re: UK ILR for Wife - Fanance Requirements?

Post by eddibabyyeah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm

l[/quote]

Showing the £30000 in the bank will be more than adequate.[/quote]

Thanks