ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fluency in English for family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

Fluency in English for family visitor visa

Post by tier-1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 am

Hello Friends,

My parents would be coming to UK to visit. However they are not very comfortable with English language. Will there be any issues in getting visa or at the time of immigration?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Visitors are not required to be fluent in English so I don't see any problem
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:Visitors are not required to be fluent in English so I don't see any problem

How are things done at Immigration counter. The clerk there will talk to them in English. Is any translator provided there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 pm

tier-1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Visitors are not required to be fluent in English so I don't see any problem

How are things done at Immigration counter. The clerk there will talk to them in English. Is any translator provided there?
Can they not speak any English??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:32 pm

They can speak little bit. Possibly should not be much problem if immigration officers do not ask lot of questions.

Just another question: Can the person on family visitor visa Enter UK till the visa expiry date or should Leave by that date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

tier-1 wrote:They can speak little bit. Possibly should not be much problem if immigration officers do not ask lot of questions.

Just another question: Can the person on family visitor visa Enter UK till the visa expiry date or should Leave by that date?
they should leave the UK by the expiry date of the visa but can arrive anytime from the valid from date as long as they don't stay for longer than 6 months in a 12 month cycle.

If valid from 1 july 2013 and expires on 31 december 2013, they can arrive anytime from 1 july but have to leave by 31 december
Char (CR001 not Casa)