ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR WP- Employment History Immediate or Back dated. confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lahore2664
BANNED

ILR WP- Employment History Immediate or Back dated. confused

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 am

Applied for ILR last year Mar 2012, submitted 2 P60's and confirmation of employer etc but UKBA required me to provide them HMRC's 5 years employment summary coupled with other questions about my marriage and wife /dependant etc. I had to fly back home to attend an important event so I withdrawn my application without answering their questions becuase I would have missed the event. My leave to remain was valid for 2 years when i pullled out the application.

I am applying again in few months and have obtained last 5 years summary from HMRC. Same employer throughout by the time I apply for ILR in future.

Do I have to provide last 5 years employment history from today backwards or 5 years hitory from Mar 2012 backwards? when I applied for ILR in the past?

It will be a fresh application and what the law says, will they ask and check last 5 years or even before that? I am bit confused?

Thanks for your help.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Can anyone please help?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: ILR WP- Employment History Immediate or Back dated. conf

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

lahore2664 wrote:Applied for ILR last year Mar 2012, submitted 2 P60's and confirmation of employer etc but UKBA required me to provide them HMRC's 5 years employment summary coupled with other questions about my marriage and wife /dependant etc. I had to fly back home to attend an important event so I withdrawn my application without answering their questions becuase I would have missed the event. My leave to remain was valid for 2 years when i pullled out the application.

I am applying again in few months and have obtained last 5 years summary from HMRC. Same employer throughout by the time I apply for ILR in future.

Do I have to provide last 5 years employment history from today backwards or 5 years hitory from Mar 2012 backwards? when I applied for ILR in the past?

It will be a fresh application and what the law says, will they ask and check last 5 years or even before that? I am bit confused?

Thanks for your help.
Which category under ILR are you applying for? Each category has slightly different requirements.
As a general rule it will be immediate employment history as it a new application.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 pm

1. Ask for SAR
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
2. Once you see what is on the file, you can guess whether you need to provide the HMRC docs backdated and explain that you have withdrawn the application because you had to fly out of the country not because you could provide the information or not

If it is easy to obtain, I suggest bringing it to PEO appointment in case HO CW asks for it.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:51 pm

shahid2000 wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:Applied for ILR last year Mar 2012, submitted 2 P60's and confirmation of employer etc but UKBA required me to provide them HMRC's 5 years employment summary coupled with other questions about my marriage and wife /dependant etc. I had to fly back home to attend an important event so I withdrawn my application without answering their questions becuase I would have missed the event. My leave to remain was valid for 2 years when i pullled out the application.

Thanks for your help.
Which category under ILR are you applying for? Each category has slightly different requirements.
As a general rule it will be immediate employment history as it a new application.
It is 5 year WP ( Old Scheme). Same employer currently working for almost 5 years now.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

lahore2664 wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
It is 5 year WP ( Old Scheme). Same employer currently working for almost 5 years now.
You will need 5 years history starting from the date you make your new application. Since it will be a fresh application there is no need to do anything extra - write a cover letter if you really want to explain otherwise there is no need.