ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment checks

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moonandstar

Employment checks

Post by Moonandstar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi all,

A quick question for everyone who has or had applied for a spouse visa.
Were any employment checks made for your application. If they were made after how many days after submitting your spouse visa application did you get an employment check or enquiry.
If an employment check was made approximately how many days after was the passport ready for collection.

If any employment checks were made what type of enquiry is made. Is it basically just asking the employer whether the sponsor is indeed working for them and on what wage and contract they are on. I gave my employers email address, mobile telephone number and office number on which are they most likely to contact my employer?

Any information would be much appreciated. I applied on 20 May and so far no employment checks have been made.

I await your replies. Thanks.

johnj1

Re: Employment checks

Post by johnj1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Moonandstar wrote:Hi all,

A quick question for everyone who has or had applied for a spouse visa.
Were any employment checks made for your application. If they were made after how many days after submitting your spouse visa application did you get an employment check or enquiry.
If an employment check was made approximately how many days after was the passport ready for collection.

If any employment checks were made what type of enquiry is made. Is it basically just asking the employer whether the sponsor is indeed working for them and on what wage and contract they are on. I gave my employers email address, mobile telephone number and office number on which are they most likely to contact my employer?

Any information would be much appreciated. I applied on 20 May and so far no employment checks have been made.

If the ECO suspects foul play in the employers letter or payslips submitted, he might verify this. However, he can also check whether your employer is duly registered in UK and might even go ahead to check your National Insurance number and tax contributions that has showed on the pay slips with relevant bodies. Good luck.
I await your replies. Thanks.
w

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

I applied on the 25th of April.. my employers were called around the 24th of May.. not all applications submitted have employment checks.. it varies... every case is individual