ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding Landing in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darikusa

Question regarding Landing in UK

Post by darikusa » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:57 am

I would be leaving US and plan to land in UK soon. However I would like to visit my folks in my native country for a week or two and then return to start looking for a job.

This plan looks fine to me but wanted some assurance and feedback if it wouldn't raise any eye brows that why I left UK and returning now.

Thanks as always.

darikusa

More on this....

Post by darikusa » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:59 am

To make myself clear, I would land in UK for a week and then go visit my folks for a week or two and return to look for a job.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:19 am

Well I would say goto your native country from US and then move from there to UK. Otherwise if you come to UK for few weeks and then go back to yout country, Immigration office will make it a point on your next arrival to UK. You may be needing to provide a sold statement that time. It May be or May not be. Better make it safe.
Regards,
Afzal

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:51 pm

The Immigration Officer checks that you are the bonafide holder of a genuine entry clearance or leave to remain permit endorsed in an authentic travel document under the circumstances you describe. If these checks raise no concerns then your frequency and or time periods between exits/ entries are of no relevance to him/ her.

tgs

Post by tgs » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:42 pm

It will not be a problem for them. Two of my mates travelled from South Africa to the UK (their HSMP EC got stamped on this occasion by the immigration officer at heathrow), stayed in the UK for a 3 weeks, went back to South Africa for a 4 weeks, then entered the UK again. None had job offers when they entered on both occations.