ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I leave my Tier 2 job while waiting for my ILR decision?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shuttlespy

Can I leave my Tier 2 job while waiting for my ILR decision?

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for Long term residence next month as I have 10 years legal stay. I have checked all the criteria and I do not see any problem and confident it will be approved.

However, I am currently on a Tier 2 work permit which expires in 2015.

I would now like to leave my job after submitting the ILR application to the home office and having met my 10 years legal stay. Can you please advise if this can be done and whether this can affect the ILR application. Basically I just do not wish to continue with my current Tier 2 job while waiting for a decision on my ILR application.

Many Thanks
So many things to achieve and so little time....

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Can I leave my Tier 2 job while waiting for my ILR decis

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm

shuttlespy wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am applying for Long term residence next month as I have 10 years legal stay. I have checked all the criteria and I do not see any problem and confident it will be approved.

I would now like to leave my job after submitting the ILR application to the home office and having met my 10 years legal stay. Can you please advise if this can be done and whether this can affect the ILR application. Basically I just do not wish to continue with my current Tier 2 job while waiting for a decision on my ILR application.

Many Thanks
I would advice against that - not until you have your ILR approved. If you are so keen on leaving why not apply using a PEO so that you get the decision on the same day and then you can leave the job.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I leave my Tier 2 job while waiting for my ILR decis

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 pm

shahid2000 wrote:
shuttlespy wrote:Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks
I would advice against that - not until you have your ILR approved. If you are so keen on leaving why not apply using a PEO so that you get the decision on the same day and then you can leave the job.
You cannot apply for set(lr) at a PEO!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm

If you are applying under 10yr route, your application will take at least 6 months. During this entire period you will not have your passport or BRP card with you.

In the meantime, if you leave your current T2 job, soon you will lose your legitimacy to remain and will have no means of extending it smoothly without passport at hand.

So, get your ILR first and then you can choose not to work at all, if you so desire.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:If you are applying under 10yr route, your application will take at least 6 months. During this entire period you will not have your passport or BRP card with you.

In the meantime, if you leave your current T2 job, soon you will lose your legitimacy to remain and will have no means of extending it smoothly without passport at hand.

So, get your ILR first and then you can choose not to work at all, if you so desire.
Thank you everyone - Much Appreciated (This question was fro my friend and not for myself) however many thanks from him as well.
So many things to achieve and so little time....