ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the entitlements of a non-EEA spouse of EEA nationa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makaay366
Newly Registered

What are the entitlements of a non-EEA spouse of EEA nationa

Post by makaay366 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 pm

As a non-EEA spouse (holding a Residence card valid for 5 years), what are my entitlements in the Uk and also answers to the questions below will be okay

1. What countries can I travel to visa free and on what conditions: (do i have to go to such countries with EEA national who is my wife or can i go alone). In actual fact, the question also relates to Dubai

2. I have been a legal resident in UK for 5 years but recently married my EEA national wife thus the Residence card. What sort of questions should I expect at the point of entry if i was to travel to USA, Austria, Dubai and back without my wife?

3. Can I apply for housing from the Housing Associations in Scotland as I work in Scotland and spouse works in London at the moment but we both reside in London.

4. I intend to extend my knowledge by going back to school for a degree course, am I entitled to any support or reduced rates for a MSc, MBA or PhD course?

5. Does the 'No recourse to public fund' affect me as a RC holder?

Thankx[/b] :idea: :roll: :roll: :idea:

Imshzd

Re: What are the entitlements of a non-EEA spouse of EEA nat

Post by Imshzd » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:33 pm

makaay366 wrote:As a non-EEA spouse (holding a Residence card valid for 5 years), what are my entitlements in the Uk and also answers to the questions below will be okay

1. What countries can I travel to visa free and on what conditions: (do i have to go to such countries with EEA national who is my wife or can i go alone). In actual fact, the question also relates to Dubai

2. I have been a legal resident in UK for 5 years but recently married my EEA national wife thus the Residence card. What sort of questions should I expect at the point of entry if i was to travel to USA, Austria, Dubai and back without my wife?

3. Can I apply for housing from the Housing Associations in Scotland as I work in Scotland and spouse works in London at the moment but we both reside in London.

4. I intend to extend my knowledge by going back to school for a degree course, am I entitled to any support or reduced rates for a MSc, MBA or PhD course?

5. Does the 'No recourse to public fund' affect me as a RC holder?

Thankx[/b] :idea: :roll: :roll: :idea:
1:check the conditions with the relevant ambassy,in which you intends to travel.
2:it depends on immigration officers.
3:contact your nearest housing association,they will give you best advice.
4:just show your RC in the school,college or university,if they feel you ar eligible for any reduce rate,they will offer you.
5:If you received any letter from home office in which the home office allowed you on the public funds then there will be no effect on your RC.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 pm

And most importantly the EEA national partner must be a qualified person.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Imshzd, please could you be a bit more explicit with your Answer.
5:If you received any letter from home office in which the home office allowed you on the public funds then there will be no effect on your RC.
If the RC does not show No recourse to public fund, does that mean that you are entitle to it?
GOD BLESS!!!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Thank you for the link Imshzd!! the think is i have read it over and over again but my brain just refuse to understand the meaning of those sentences. for example this [quote]Section 1.1 of Chapter 4 provides further guidance on the definitions of workers, self-employed
persons and work seekers.
EEA nationals who are in the UK as self-sufficient persons and students should be able to
support themselves without public funds. Such persons are only able to claim public funds
without losing their right of residence if they are able to demonstrate that they are not an
unreasonable burden on the state. To establish whether an EEA national is an unreasonable
burden on the state each case would need to be assessed on an individual basis. If the EEA
national is claiming public funds after having been in the UK for some time, the fact that s/he
had been self sufficient would be a factor in determining whether the burden is reasonable, as
would the length of time that s/he is likely to be in receipt of public funds. [color=red]Although an EEA
national in this situation would be regarded as having a right of residence even though s/he was
in receipt of public funds, it would not be appropriate to issue him/her with a registration
certificate[/color].[/quote]
Sooo confusing, why can't they write simple english with simple explanation :?
GOD BLESS!!!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Don't be confused.
If EEA national and their family members are not able to support their selfs in case of natural causes like sickness,illness,accidents,real job seekers etc then they can claim benifits.you can say this is unnecessary burden on public funds,which are acceptable.
But if EEA national and their family members claim benifits without any reason then it will be not acceptable.

uaa1bee

Re: What are the entitlements of a non-EEA spouse of EEA nat

Post by uaa1bee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:34 pm

hello you as non eu family member of eu national qualifies for home fee status and student loan same like eu national. you will have to apply either as family member of eu national or of eu migrant worker. if you dont fulfill residence requirements of 3 years but your family member has been in uk for 3 years , you will be classed as home fee status. search UKCISA who pay international tuition fee ? or home fee status