ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and British child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naCC
BANNED

Spouse Visa and British child

Post by naCC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi I need to apply for my wife's spouse Visa,
I have two children who are British Passport Holders, Do I need to send children's passport as well for spouse Visa or just mentioning their British Passport number will do the job ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa and British child

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

naCC wrote:Hi I need to apply for my wife's spouse Visa,
I have two children who are British Passport Holders, Do I need to send children's passport as well for spouse Visa or just mentioning their British Passport number will do the job ?
You'll need to mention them on the application but as they are British they will not be applying for stay. Also, your children will not be included in the financial requirement amount (I assume this is a new application).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:
You'll need to mention them on the application but as they are British they will not be applying for stay. Also, your children will not be included in the financial requirement amount (I assume this is a new application).

Thanks Amber, So you mean I should tick 1st Box on VAF4 form which says "Applying with no child dependent under 18 - An income before tax of at least £18,600 a year" ?
But technically children will stay with us anyway ? So if it tick the box with "applying with Two Child dependents under 18" would that make any problem ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm

naCC wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks Amber, So you mean I should tick 1st Box on VAF4 form which says "Applying with no child dependent under 18 - An income before tax of at least £18,600 a year" ?
But technically children will stay with us anyway ? So if it tick the box with "applying with Two Child dependents under 18" would that make any problem ?
If you only have British children it's the £18600 requirement. Their child benefit and tax credits maintains them.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 pm

But technically children will stay with us anyway ? So if it tick the box with "applying with Two Child dependents under 18" would that make any problem ?[/quote]

If you only have British children it's the £18600 requirement. Their child benefit and tax credits maintains them.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Amber, I will follow that,
I quick question regarding the "Meeting the financial requirements" 3.3.
I was Self employed until October last year then I started a company and was taking dividend only. on tax returns I mentioned Both Self Employment and dividend.
SO the question is that which Option shall I tick on 3.3 ? Is it just Self Employment or any other as well ?
regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 pm

naCC wrote:Thanks Amber, So you mean I should tick 1st Box on VAF4 form which says "Applying with no child dependent under 18 - An income before tax of at least £18,600 a year" ?

If you only have British children it's the £18600 requirement. Their child benefit and tax credits maintains them.
I was Self employed until October last year then I started a company and was taking dividend only. on tax returns I mentioned Both Self Employment and dividend.
SO the question is that which Option shall I tick on 3.3 ? Is it just Self Employment or any other as well ?
regards
See Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 pm

D4109125 wrote:
naCC wrote:Thanks Amber, So you mean I should tick 1st Box on VAF4 form which says "Applying with no child dependent under 18 - An income before tax of at least £18,600 a year" ?

regards
See Annex FM 1.7 - Financial requirement