ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about Job Leve NQF

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reflection

Confused about Job Leve NQF

Post by reflection » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi There,

i am going to sponsor by a company as a post Finance Controller, please note i was in Tier 4. Before issuing COS letter, when i check SOC code with HR, we found the code is 3534, but it saying its for NQF Level 4.

now the main thing is in SOC code list above of the table it saying:

New entrants to Tier 2 cannot be sponsored to work in jobs in these occupations.
The table of occupations skilled to NQF level 4 only applies to:
• Tier 2 migrants who entered the route under the rules in place before 14 June 2012, who are applying to extend their stay, change employment, or settle in the UK;
• Work permit holders applying to switch into Tier 2 or settle in the UK;
• Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant applying to switch into Tier 1 (Entrepreneur); and
• Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) migrants – although the appropriate salary rates do not apply to this category.

Now please advise what i do.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 am

you will only be able to make a switch to tier 2 if your job is on level 6.
Best way forward is to look for a job title which is on level 6 and closely matches ur job and ask the company to sponsor u for that and obviouslt the pay should be relevent as well.