ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moderator & Senior Members Please Advise-Reg EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surcha
Newly Registered

Moderator & Senior Members Please Advise-Reg EC

Post by surcha » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi All,

I have got my HSMP approval on 13th Feb.

As to UK EC I got the below documents/proofs:

1. All the docs which has been submitted for HSMP
2. Offer letter in UK-London for 40K + project bonus + benefits
3. Bank balance of 400,000 Indian Rupees = 4,642.21 GBP
4. Property doc registraiton value is 400,000 however market value is 2 million Indian Rupees
5. Proof of accomodation from the employer
6. Marriage certificate, Birth certificate
Now the question:

We are a family of 3 (me, spouse, 5 month old kid)

Is it advisable to apply EC for all 3 or go with mine alone initially and then after 3 months or so apply for my spouse & kid?

In 2005 my US H1B and H4 for spouse was rejected on 221G

Will this H1B rejection have any impacts on UK EC?
If yes, any suggestions to reduce the impact

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:55 pm

hi there,

better apply along with your family in tow. they can follow you later - this ensures that they have the visa.

on hindsight...your H1B rejection will play NO effect with your EC application.

ski_hsmp_guy
Newly Registered

Post by ski_hsmp_guy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 am

hi all,
I have one important question to get clarified regarding Entry Clearance application (HSMP-UK) in similar gounds:

Actually I applied for H1B (USA, temporary worker visa) in the year 2006 (Chennai consulate) and got 221g (document given by visa officer asking me to produce Income Tax returns & wage slips of currently working employees of my USA Employer). So after 7 months as I was not getting any response form my USA employer, I came to know that my USA employer is no longer exists. Hence I have canceled my H1-B
application as per process. ( I mailed to consulate to cancel my h1b petition) and they canceled it.

Now, While filling entry clearance VAF-1 (non-settlement)
form, under
"SECTION 4 - PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS AND TRAVEL"
we have a question
"4.7 Have you ever been refused a visa for another
country?"

So for this question(4.7) do I need to put as yes/no. Because in the letter sent by consulate staff to me (after I myself canceling H1B), with the following notes:

"BASED ON THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED TO US AND
THE INFORMATION ELICITED IN YOUR INTERVIEW WITH AN
AMERICAN CONSULAR OFFICER WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ISSUE YOU
AN H1-B TEMPORARY WORK VISA BECAUSE,

YOU HAVE ELECTED TO WITHDRAW YOUR H1-B PETITION.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOUR VISA WAS REFUSED TODAY
UNDER SECTION 221G) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND
NATIONALITY. ESSENTIALLY THIS SECTION STATES THAT A
VISA CANNOT BE ISSUED TO ANYONE WHOSE APPLICATION DOES
NOT APPEAR TO THE CONSULAR OFFICER TO MEET THE
REQUIREMENTS OF THE INA OR OF THE REGULATIONS
THEREUNDER"

Kindly let me know should I consider this case as "Visa refusal" (though I have canceled it). If I say "Yes" should i send cancellatino letter along with EC docs ? folks, its extremely urgent one. I am all set to send docs for EC and waiting for this..

thanks,
ski

casper1
Newly Registered

Post by casper1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:17 pm

you can apply for family visa along with yours or you can apply for family visa later when you are in U.K.

I will also recommend you to apply for family visa along with your visa application but with bank statement with higher balance. You should have liquid funds available at least 10-15k in your bank statement to sponsor the family of three. If all of you apply together then application will be at little higher risk as compared to applying on your own. So if you do not want to take any risk what so ever then apply for your visa first then later for the family visa when you are in the U.K. As you have a job offer of 40k then I do not see any problem for applying and getting family visa 2-3 months after your arrival in the U.K......

If your job is guarnteed then I will recommend you to apply for family visa later when you will be in U.K. If you think you can take little bit of risk then you may apply for family visa along with your visa.

there is no standard procedure or single answer to it... see your circumstances, priorities, career, family, need and desperation to settle abroad and decide accrodingly. Everyone has got different priorities.

Refusal of USA visa should not affect your application... but on some rare occasions, ECO also consider this factor but not usually...

Hope this helps....

ski_hsmp_guy
Newly Registered

is it necessary to show funds from last 6 months continuousl

Post by ski_hsmp_guy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 am

while applying for uk EC, is that necessary to show enough funds (5000 GBP for a bachelor) from last 6 months in our account continuously.
Will EC offier consider this as a offence if we transfer money from last 2-3 months (like example: suppoer we have 2L in our account and we keep transferring 60-70k per month which would make 4L after 3 months...) Generally how visa EC officer consider enough funds in the bank issue? If at all we have to show enough funds in our account from last 6 months, it would be really a problem rite.[/u]