ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limit of Stay for Tier 2 Visa - Kindly answer this question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jodil
Newly Registered

Limit of Stay for Tier 2 Visa - Kindly answer this question

Post by jodil » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 am

Hi all,

I know the fact that under Tier 2 General Visa we can stay in UK for a period upto 5 years. For settlement the visa holder must earn atleast £35000 by the end of 5th year. I'm currently on my Tier 2 Visa from last December onwards and my current job won't pay me £35K at the end of 5th year apparently a new employer is ready to offer me a job but I've to complete 5 years to reach the salary point of £35K but I've already finished more than 6 months in current job.

My question is that does this period (7 months) which I spent with my old employer will be counted towards the 5 year limit if I switch to a new Tier 2 General Visa by a different employer or Whether I'll be granted another 5 year with my new Tier 2 General Visa?

I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me a reply regarding this. I appreciate your time on my behalf and many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Joe

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

first thing is it is not up to 5 years that u can stay rather it is up to max of 6 years that u can stay in the uk on the combination of all tier 2 visas. If ur salary is over 35k after 5 years and before 6 years, u can apply for ILR.
U can change ur sponsor, ie change the visa from tier 2 to tier 2 at any time and the cycle of 5 years will keep running, regardless how many times u change employer/visa.
hope this helps.