ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling Period for Tier 2 Short Term short term staff immigr

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Srinivas84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cooling Period for Tier 2 Short Term short term staff immigr

Post by Srinivas84 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 am

Hi Team,

I had a Tier 2 Short Term Staff Immigrant Visa from 06/09/2011 to 09/09/2012. But I did not use that VISA at all. I have not entered the country ever before. Instead I travelled to Switzerland on Mar 2012 and staying here till Jun 2013. Now I am getting another project to UK. In this scenario, do i have to wait until 09/09/2013 to apply? or can I apply now itself?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:04 am

As you haven't been in the UK on your previous T2 ICT Short Term Staff visa you can apply for T2 entry clearance without cooling off but you must provide evidence of your absence from the UK. You will of course need a CoS before applying.

Srinivas84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Srinivas84 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

manci wrote:As you haven't been in the UK on your previous T2 ICT Short Term Staff visa you can apply for T2 entry clearance without cooling off but you must provide evidence of your absence from the UK. You will of course need a CoS before applying.
Thanks manci! Could you please let me know what sort of evidence they will look for?

Cheers,
Srinivas

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

I don't have actual experience in this , but the fact that your visa has not been stamped (which it would have been on arrival in the UK) is evidence and so is the fact that your sponsor has not reported your presence to UKBA . Try also to show that in the period concerned you have actually been somewhere other than the UK - e.g. passport stamps, employment record, salary slips, letter from employer, etc

Srinivas84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Srinivas84 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 am

manci wrote:I don't have actual experience in this , but the fact that your visa has not been stamped (which it would have been on arrival in the UK) is evidence and so is the fact that your sponsor has not reported your presence to UKBA . Try also to show that in the period concerned you have actually been somewhere other than the UK - e.g. passport stamps, employment record, salary slips, letter from employer, etc
Thanks Manci! I will try to get all the supporting evidence to prove that i was not in UK during that period. I will update the form on my situation.

Cheers,
Srinivas