ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work for different employer under work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasba
Newly Registered

Work for different employer under work permit

Post by jasba » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Hello there,

Could someone explain me, if my current employer does not return my termination of employment back to the home office and if I go and work for a different employer and later that the new employer files for my work permit, would my counter for the 5 yrs ILR be reset.

jasba

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Work for different employer under work permit

Post by olisun » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:47 pm

jasba wrote:Hello there,

Could someone explain me, if my current employer does not return my termination of employment back to the home office and if I go and work for a different employer and later that the new employer files for my work permit, would my counter for the 5 yrs ILR be reset.

jasba
You cannot work for employer B with a WP for employer A...

The employer B has to apply for a WP first and once it has been approved you can work for employer B and within six months of your new WP approval you will have to apply for EC,