ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching requirement from PSW to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmad0044
Newly Registered

Switching requirement from PSW to Tier 4

Post by ahmad0044 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:28 pm

I understand that PSW Main applicant & PSW dependent can switch from PSW to tier 4 but could somebody please clarify the following:

Q: Can a PSW dependent extend their stay in the UK if A PSW Main applicant starting a level 8 course in highly trusted Institute (Privately Funded college).

Note: PSW dependent is present in the UK as a dependent of the main applicant

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm

The institute must not be Private HTS one. Similar discussion is here:
www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136103
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ahmad0044
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad0044 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 pm

sheraz7 wrote:The institute must not be Private HTS one. Similar discussion is here:
www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=136103
Please correct me if I am wrong:

My PSW dependent can only extend if I start a course at HEI at a level greater than what i am studying now which is level 7.

and also please clarify whether she can extend her stay in the UK or does she has to leave the UK to apply for a tier 4 visa

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Your institute must be HEI which is university and your course must be at least the level 7 (postgraduate) which last for 12 or more months. And the dependant need to apply together with the main applicant of tier 4 within the country.
Private even HTS college will not fulfill this criteria.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

madees_83
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier4

Post by madees_83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

Hi

My Tier1 PSW appeal (degree awarded after application) is still pending in first tribunal which most likely going to be refused after the refusal of khatel case. My hearing date is 25th July 2013 but I am not sure is it going to be heard or postpone, it depends on khatel case as they are going to SC or not. Actually I am planning to switch back to tier4 and I want to know that am I able to switch or not?

Came to UK: Jan, 2010
Finished PGD: Feb, 2011
Finished MBA: Apr, 2012

Now I planning (if I can) to get admission in Telecommunications and Networks Engineering- BEng which is an undergraduate course for 3 years from London Metropolitan University.

Questions:

1) Am I able to get admission as I already have higher level of qualification? as UKBA said student can only get admission/CAS if they are progressing.
2) As the University (stated above) is "A rated" on UKBA list of sponsors. Am I able to get working hours? (if I got the tier4 visa)

Please provide me any relevant information. I would be really thankful for your consideration.

Adnan

ahmad0044
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to Tier4

Post by ahmad0044 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 pm

madees_83 wrote:Hi

My Tier1 PSW appeal (degree awarded after application) is still pending in first tribunal which most likely going to be refused after the refusal of khatel case. My hearing date is 25th July 2013 but I am not sure is it going to be heard or postpone, it depends on khatel case as they are going to SC or not. Actually I am planning to switch back to tier4 and I want to know that am I able to switch or not?

Now I planning (if I can) to get admission in Telecommunications and Networks Engineering- BEng which is an undergraduate course for 3 years from London Metropolitan University.

Questions:

1) Am I able to get admission as I already have higher level of qualification? as UKBA said student can only get admission/CAS if they are progressing.
2) As the University (stated above) is "A rated" on UKBA list of sponsors. Am I able to get working hours? (if I got the tier4 visa)

Please provide me any relevant information. I would be really thankful for your consideration.

Adnan
1. As you have mentioned, you have completed higher level 'MBA' which I believe is Level 7 you can not start a new course 'Beng' which is level 6 as this does not show the progression plus it does not seem to add any knowledge to you previous study.

2. Although, Metropolitan university is A rated but they meet the UKBA definition of HEI institute which means you will get work right if you get a Tier 4 visa.

Hope this helps!

madees_83
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to Tier4

Post by madees_83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:28 pm

ahmad0044 wrote:
madees_83 wrote:Hi

Questions:

Adnan
1. As you have mentioned, you have completed higher level 'MBA' which I believe is Level 7 you can not start a new course 'Beng' which is level 6 as this does not show the progression plus it does not seem to add any knowledge to you previous study.

2. Although, Metropolitan university is A rated but they meet the UKBA definition of HEI institute which means you will get work right if you get a Tier 4 visa.

Hope this helps!

Yes, it is helpful info.
Thanks