ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple FLR possible on HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Multiple FLR possible on HSMP?

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi There,

I am on HSMP visa (2 years initially)..I will extend it for another 3 years .

My Q.is
1)After etxension of HSMP, if i dont qualify for ILR , do i need to go for HSMP extension again??
2)So my 2nd Extension will be also for 3 years??Or 1 year??

Issue is that, due to my" stay outside country" will be more then 3 months in one go, so i dont think that i will qualify for ILR ever....So i will have to extend my HSMP again and again...

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:48 am

Hello,

Can any member/Moderator throw some light on this please??

Thanks
Ashish

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Why will your stay be ouside the country for so long and it's on discretion of home office to grant u ILR even if that condition is not met. Of course you have to give some valid reason for it.

I have never heard of the case where ILR has been rejected for an HSMP person and then opting for FLR extension....you can probably ask your employer for WP and keep staying in UK...

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks for the reply...

But my Co. has operations outside UK...So i might be out of country for 6 -7 months in a year...I dont know if HO would accept that...

So my Q. is , can i go for another FLR after 3 years???(When my 1st FLR expires)..If yes, then next FLR will be for 3 years or 1 year??For how long can i continue to do so (Keep applying for FLR) ??

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi,

Can any one pl. help me ?

Thanks
Ashish

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:54 pm

Ashish,

I don't think if you are working for a UK company and outside UK for that long, it will hamper your prospects for obtaining ILR...It's just your job requirements..you are working as a UK employee...am I right??

You can put your query to Home office team...they will be able to give u the right answer....the stay ouside UK is totally on the discretion of HO people. While applying for ILR there is a section in the form where you have to mention your absence from UK for more than 3 months and have to give the reasons...I think if they feel you do not meet that requirement of 5 years peiod then they will grant you the further FLR...

I feel you should more about FLR at this stage as you have to first obtain that and if HO has no probs extending your visa when you are working ouside UK then they will have no probs for FLR also....

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Thanks for the reply..

For the initial FLR , it wont be a problem as i am in UK for next 2 years..
But after my FLR , i might have to be in India for a year or so as company is setting up a branch there and i might have to work in India for a year or so..But i will be back at least 12 months before my 1st FLR expires...

So i am more worried about 2nd FLR then 1st one...

I will try to explain the scene to HO, hopefully they will understand , but just in case, they dont then my 2nd FLR will be for another 1 year or 3 years??

Thanks again..

Ashish

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:28 pm

I am not sure but if your company is UK based and you are going out of country for a long period then that period "will be" counted towards ILR.

In other words in-country.

If you can show that you visit to India was business\work related

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 pm

I still think being in India will not pose much of the problem but only thing you should know is that you are a UK employee...if the company is setting up an office in India, will you be managing that work going forward??

You should clarify your stand from your company...what will be your stand as an employee...clarify the same from HO...I think you still have a lot of time and after obtaining ILR, you never know if you change the company also...