ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen application (Ger) w/ certificate of naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudhar
Newly Registered

Schengen application (Ger) w/ certificate of naturalisation

Post by sudhar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi,

I got my BC naturalisation certificate on June 5, 2013. My wife (Indian passport) and I would like to travel to Berlin July 18-24. I have two questions regarding the use of the certificate 1) can I use it for travelling to Europe ? (I found out the weekend I got the certificate at the post office that I likely won't be able to get a British passport on time before I travel) and 2) can I use it for application for a Schengen visa for my wife as proof of my EU citizenship so she won't have to pay the application fee at the German embassy in London. (I still have my Indian passport and would use it to apply for the Schengen visa if I can't use the certificate)

Thanks.
Sudhar

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:32 pm

1) No, 2) Yes