ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier 1 (G) route - Absence related query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kishor_mit

ILR - Tier 1 (G) route - Absence related query

Post by kishor_mit » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:58 am

Hi Group

For a Tier 1 (G) route, ILR applicant, is it required to give explanation for the absences during past 5yrs? and also is it required to submit a letter from the employer confirming the leaves are Paid annual leaves?

What if, the annual leave is not a paid one? Is it still required to explain the reason for the absence?

I've a total of 280 days absence during last 5 years (not more than 180 in a year). Half of them are paid leaves and rest are without pay.

Appreciate your replies.

Cheers.

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 am

Hi, could someone please reply to my query. I'm sure experts/guru would know about this.
Regards.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 am

I've a total of 280 days absence during last 5 years (not more than 180 in a year)
If you read through success stories on this forum you will find that, since you are within the 180 day limit, a letter explaining you leaves will suffice.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes a self letter should suffice in your case..

aknight

Post by aknight » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Not to demotivate you but at the same time make you aware of that according to SET(O) application form you should submit a letter from employer for all your absences if they are below 180 days in any one of five consecutive years for your ILR eligibility. In practice, it seems like case workers are not asking for Tier 1 (G) holders applying for ILR. I would say it is at Case Worker's discretion but get a letter if you can that's all I can say.

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:33 am

Thank you all for your kind replies. That's really helpful.