ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa transfer b/w Tiers and expiring passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Halcyon
Newly Registered

Dependent visa transfer b/w Tiers and expiring passport

Post by Halcyon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are a little confused with the current situation we are in. Can you please help me with my queries below?

1) My wife holds a Tier-1 PSW valid until Nov-13 and she has found a sponsor to move her into Tier 2 come Oct-13. However they are not ready to sponsor my dependent visa.
2) I hold a dependent Tier-1 PSW valid again until Nov-13. My passport is valid for a further one year until Nov-14.

So my questions are,
a) Can I stay in the UK and move/apply for my dependent visa come Oct-13 to get my visa onto Tier-2 dependent once my wife had got hers or do I have to return and apply from my home country?
b) The dependent tier-2 visa,I think is a three year visa, but my passport is valid only until Nov-14, so will I be issued a visa only until Nov-14 (i.e. until my passport expiry) or for three years starting Oct-13 until Oct-16 irrespective of my passport expiry date?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent visa transfer b/w Tiers and expiring passport

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:43 pm

roopeshs7 wrote:Hi,

My wife and I are a little confused with the current situation we are in. Can you please help me with my queries below?

1) My wife holds a Tier-1 PSW valid until Nov-13 and she has found a sponsor to move her into Tier 2 come Oct-13. However they are not ready to sponsor my dependent visa.
2) I hold a dependent Tier-1 PSW valid again until Nov-13. My passport is valid for a further one year until Nov-14.

So my questions are,
a) Can I stay in the UK and move/apply for my dependent visa come Oct-13 to get my visa onto Tier-2 dependent once my wife had got hers or do I have to return and apply from my home country?

‘Switching’ or moving into the route for Family Members of Tier 1, 2 or 5
migrants
31. If you are the family member of a Tier 1, 2, or 5 migrant, switching is permitted when applying
as:
• a family member who has or last had entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner or child
of a person who had leave under another category and who has since been granted, or is, at the
same time, being granted leave to remain as a relevant Points Based System migrant; or
• a child born in the UK to a PBS migrant and their dependant partner

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

b) The dependent tier-2 visa,I think is a three year visa, but my passport is valid only until Nov-14, so will I be issued a visa only until Nov-14 (i.e. until my passport expiry) or for three years starting Oct-13 until Oct-16 irrespective of my passport expiry date?

Passport expiry date does not affect visa duration. if you get visa on old passport then just carry both passports.Thanks for your replies in advance.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS