ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW, Tier-2(General), definition of "highly skilled mig

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antony_noel
Newly Registered

PSW, Tier-2(General), definition of "highly skilled mig

Post by antony_noel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:37 pm

I am confused about the eligibility for Tier 1 (General). In the website, the following immigration categories are mentioned as being eligible :

1."highly skilled migrant"
2. "writer, composer or artist"
3. "self-employed lawyer"
4. "Tier 1 (General)"
5. "Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), if you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General)."

If HSMP is listed in the category 1, then what defines category 1 ("highly skilled migrant") ?
Some people also said that the holder of Tier-2 (General) and Tier-1 (PSW) are eligible. If they are, to which category they fall into ?

I will be grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Antony

Highly_Skilled

Re: PSW, Tier-2(General), definition of "highly skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:50 pm

antony_noel wrote:I am confused about the eligibility for Tier 1 (General). In the website, the following immigration categories are mentioned as being eligible :

1."highly skilled migrant"
2. "writer, composer or artist"
3. "self-employed lawyer"
4. "Tier 1 (General)"
5. "Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), if you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General)."

If HSMP is listed in the category 1, then what defines category 1 ("highly skilled migrant") ?
Some people also said that the holder of Tier-2 (General) and Tier-1 (PSW) are eligible. If they are, to which category they fall into ?

I will be grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Antony
Please be advised that the Tier 1 General route has now closed. Tier 2 General & Tier 1 Post-Study holders cannot switch into this route.