ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advertising material

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahil74098

Advertising material

Post by rahil74098 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Page No 25 of the policy guidance it states that:

Advertising or marketing material that has been published locally or nationally, showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity. This can include printouts of internet advertising
Do we need to show the name of the published in the business card and leaflets. Please give me your views. thanks

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Advertising material

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Yes, the publishers details must be present on the leaflets. An applicant got refused due to this reason.
rahil74098 wrote:Page No 25 of the policy guidance it states that:

Advertising or marketing material that has been published locally or nationally, showing your name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity. This can include printouts of internet advertising
Do we need to show the name of the published in the business card and leaflets. Please give me your views. thanks

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Entrepreneur 9

I do not agree with you. What the guidance means is that you cannot use an advertisement published in a newspaper in Pakistan or India

So basically, any ad must be done either locally (eg. Birmingham council journal or metro newspaper) or nationally (eg. Gum tree.co.uk or dailymail newspaper)

To further prove that your logic holds no water, are you saying Internet printouts(web screenshots) should have the 'publisher's name'? That's impossible!!!!

And yes, ukba accepts flyers and business cards without information of the printing company on it.

You are advertising your services and not that of a printing company.
Last edited by babylondoner on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm

@ babylondoner

Its really strange that you dont agree with me even though I can see your comments in this topic. Please check the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=138165
babylondoner wrote:Entrepreneur 9

I do not agree with you. What the guidance means is that you cannot use an advertisement published in a newspaper in Pakistan or India

So basically, any ad must be done either locally (eg. Birmingham council journal) or nationally (eg. Gum tree.co.uk)

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Entrepreneur 9

Did you see the guy's 'advertisement pamphlet" in question???

How sure are you that it was "up to standard" and not something made using Microsoft paint.

I know many people that have submitted business cards and posters and received their visas.

I'm sure others on this forum can testify to it.

I asked the guy "what sort of advertising pamphlet he submitted" and he is yet to answer the question.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 pm

babylondoner

How sure are you that "rahil74098" would submit a leaflet "up to the standard"

Does it cost any money put the publishers details on the leaflet ???

I would advise each and every applicant on the forum to mention the publishers details, if not then good luck with your application.

Common guys please use some common sense.
babylondoner wrote:Entrepreneur 9

Did you see the guy's 'advertisement pamphlet" in question???

How sure are you that it was "up to standard" and not something made using Microsoft paint.

I know many people that have submitted business cards and posters and received their visas.

I'm sure others on this forum can testify to it.

I asked the guy "what sort of advertising pamphlet he submitted" and he is yet to answer the question.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 am

put all the details as per policy guidance ...

Company Name, Services, your name, Your Job Title as per Soc Code, Landline number, company website and email address.....

try to cover each and every point you can.

regards

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:12 pm

i agree with rehan01....

you have time and resources so why not use it to make ur application as much perfect as u can.

ppl doing advertisement businesses don't mind what u want inside an advertisement so feel free to write up all bits and pieces