ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Restricted Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sr12345
Newly Registered

Post by sr12345 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi,

I have been given Tier 2 General - Restricted Visa and wanted to know if this is different from a normal T2G visa. Does that really means anything to the employee and are we allowed to transfer the sponsorship to different employer?

Regards,
VS

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 am

Just means you are bound to the employer and u can't work outside . That's the main clauseif tier 2

sr12345
Newly Registered

Post by sr12345 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for your reply. Will the Tier 2 general restricted work be mentioned anywhere in the visa or PBS? Bcos i don't see that mentioned anywhere on the Visa or PBS certificated. But my employer, since i came from India say that I am on Tier 2 General restricted.

Is there a way to check that please?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:15 am

I think the 'restricted' you are referring to is in relation to the migration 'cap' - this means the employer has to ask UKBA for a certificate for the job but might not get one if there are none left (although that has never happened so far to my knowledge).

The terms of your visa will be the same as someone using an unrestricted certificate,

For info:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... icted-cos/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... locations/

sr12345
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Restricted Work

Post by sr12345 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am still unsure on the word Restricted thats in Tier 2 General visa. Its not mentioned anywhere on the Visa or PBS, but its all that my employer says that i m on Tier 2 General restricted visa.

Will this affect for switching b/w different employer when compared to unrestricted? Some say that, since the Tier 2 general if applied outside UK is called as restricted and if it would have been applied inside UK will be called as Unrestricted Cos. Can you please clarify on this?

I was even told that i won't be switch b/w clients aswell though i m on T2G due to restricted and also have to undergo Cool-off period if i am end the work with the current client that my COS is assigned to?

Would be helpful if someone can clarify.

Many Thanks,