ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

oci or pio card?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

params0073
United Kingdom

oci or pio card?

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 am

Hi,
I would be getting my ILR around Jan 2015 and after that I would be applying for my baby's BC and passport ultimately .Now after getting ILR we can still go to India without any visa so was just thinking how my baby is going to travel India. Would she have to apply for PIO or OCI card? Also bear in mind we are not going to apply for baby's Indian passport?

Thanks

Param

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 am

I assume that your child was born in the UK. The child will be entitled to register as British after you are granted ilr by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act. Once registered you can apply for his/her British passport to travel. Furthermore, I believe the child could apply for a PIO card.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 am

Many thanks for the reply. Just one more question, we are not applying for her Indian passport so we can apply for PIO card straight after BC? Is that right?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 am

I was exactly on the same page as you pointed out. :D

Many thanks Mate.