ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 General and Dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aqib.khan
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier 1 General and Dependents

Post by aqib.khan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 am

I have few question which I could not find any answers in previous posts or may have over looked to apologies in advance.

I got my tier 1 visa in 16 oct 2008 from UK.

I got my extension very early due to personal reasons and got BPR on 9 Sep 2011 so I am short of 1 month and 7 days for ILR.

now question is should I apply for ILR by post or should I get another extension?

secondly my wife joined me as dependent on 5 jan 2012, and living in uk since.

I understand she will get ILR after two years but only if I get 2nd extension and wait until I apply ILR in jan 2014?

please correct me where I am wrong as its all a bit confusing,

Thanks in advance

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 am

My suggestion

1. You can apply for your ILR 28 days before October 14 2013, so in case you dont have leave to remain upto that date.. apply by post on last week even last day.. that would be beneficial in your case of saving some £s . You shouldnt apply in PEO if you want to save money else you have to go for extension. Just curious if you were in any settlement category visa before Tier 1 visa.

2. You can apply for your wife as well, by post for T1 dependant visa extension.

aqib.khan
Newly Registered

Post by aqib.khan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. it does make sense, but if I apply for ILR wont my wife get Spouse rather then dependent in which case she has to complete 5 years for ILR?

I was on IGS (PSW) before