ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of questions for Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapp2012

Couple of questions for Form AN

Post by ilrapp2012 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:50 am

Dear Seniors,

While filling the form, I face, few more questions. I am not able to find my earlier post where I posted some questions. Anyways, these are different.

Section 1 Personal Info:-

Q1) 1.1 Please give previous immigration and Nationality Directorate or Broder Immigration Agency or UK BA reference numbers? What should I write here? Please confirm. is it the ILR reference number?

Q2)
1.6 Other Names: I believe I need to fill my first name here as I can see surname but not first name anywhere? Please cofnirm

Q3) 1.7 I will leave this as it is same as my passport

Q4) Please confirm, I took the LIUK test to apply for settlement, so I ticked.
1.22. I ticked the first check box which is I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement.

Q5) Residence Requirement

Date and place of First Arrival. In the Place box do I need to write here the complete address or just the City name?

Q6) As I understand, to calculate Total number of days. I should not include Date when I left and came. e.g
01 Jan 2010 10 Jan 2010, : Total absent will be 8 days. Please confirm

Q7) I do not see the payment page in the form. Will I get it through NCS? Do I also need to fill in separately for my wife, As we are applying for a joint application

Many thanks in advance
Cheers,

barker

Re: Couple of questions for Form AN

Post by barker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 pm

ilrapp2012 wrote:Dear Seniors,

While filling the form, I face, few more questions. I am not able to find my earlier post where I posted some questions. Anyways, these are different.

Section 1 Personal Info:-

Q1) 1.1 Please give previous immigration and Nationality Directorate or Broder Immigration Agency or UK BA reference numbers? What should I write here? Please confirm. is it the ILR reference number?

You can leave this blank, its not important

Q2)
1.6 Other Names: I believe I need to fill my first name here as I can see surname but not first name anywhere? Please cofnirm

Yes

Q3) 1.7 I will leave this as it is same as my passport

Yes

Q4) Please confirm, I took the LIUK test to apply for settlement, so I ticked.
1.22. I ticked the first check box which is I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement.

That is fine. Some NCS centres will ask you to get your LIUK certificate along with you when you apply. Best to call and check

Q5) Residence Requirement

Date and place of First Arrival. In the Place box do I need to write here the complete address or just the City name?

City name should be fine

Q6) As I understand, to calculate Total number of days. I should not include Date when I left and came. e.g
01 Jan 2010 10 Jan 2010, : Total absent will be 8 days. Please confirm

Yes

Q7) I do not see the payment page in the form. Will I get it through NCS? Do I also need to fill in separately for my wife, As we are applying for a joint application

It will be available at the NCS centre. You can call them and confirm

Many thanks in advance
Cheers,

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply, very helpful and informative.

One more thing I would like to ask. I have already asked but just to confirm again.

During a period of 5-6 months, I lived in a temporary address. But all of my letters were redirected to this address using Royal Mail address Redirection. Do I still need to write that temporary address or just use the address from where it is redirected to?

Cheers,
Naz

barker

Post by barker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:56 pm

If you have asked for redirection of mail then the address has been linked to your name and may show up on checks. If it does then they may come back and ask for an explanation which might cause a delay.

Best to just mention the address and avoid this possibility

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Many thanks Barker and yes it makes sense.