ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 Degree level cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vickz
Newly Registered

Tier-4 Degree level cap

Post by vickz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:53 pm

HI,
i just need advice i am on student visa since march 2005,my question is related to 5 years degree level cap,i just wanted to know that from 2006 till mid 2008 i have studied BBA from irish international university which was not a uk awarding body and in 2008 we were informed by college that we have to change the course if we want to get further leave to remain as Ukba has advised them that it not valid anymore and international students can only study courses from UK awarding body....my question is that will that 20 months BBA which i studied from irish university will be counted in my degree level time even though it was UKBA itself to stop that course as we did not finish the course...because if i exclude that bba so far including my most recent visa on MBA my degree level time is 41 months.but adding that time will be obviously 61 months means 5 years.just wanted to know because i need to decided for my extention either go for degree level course or for PHD if i have completed that 5 years time.
waiting for your response.
Thanks

tier2chefs
- thin ice -

Re: Tier-4 Degree level cap

Post by tier2chefs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes, 5 Years Cap applies in your case. You need to join either PhD. OR go through Tier 2 Workpermit.

Good Luck
vickz wrote:HI,
i just need advice i am on student visa since march 2005,my question is related to 5 years degree level cap,i just wanted to know that from 2006 till mid 2008 i have studied BBA from irish international university which was not a uk awarding body and in 2008 we were informed by college that we have to change the course if we want to get further leave to remain as Ukba has advised them that it not valid anymore and international students can only study courses from UK awarding body....my question is that will that 20 months BBA which i studied from irish university will be counted in my degree level time even though it was UKBA itself to stop that course as we did not finish the course...because if i exclude that bba so far including my most recent visa on MBA my degree level time is 41 months.but adding that time will be obviously 61 months means 5 years.just wanted to know because i need to decided for my extention either go for degree level course or for PHD if i have completed that 5 years time.
waiting for your response.
Thanks

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:46 pm

i have the same issue is there any chance to get work permit?
thnx

rajjuma
Newly Registered

5 year rules for degree course

Post by rajjuma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:07 pm

fbutt50 wrote:i have the same issue is there any chance to get work permit?
thnx

i have been student from 2006 oct to 2009 sep in degree course, and i did master for 15 month which is altogether 4 years and three month as student in uk. now i am on psw.I am confused with UKBA 5 years rules for student. so, my question is still can i study in uk or not ????? i am thinking to do ACCA or CIMA for 3 years.